Neptune Aquatics

Coral Farmers Market Feb 11th

Care to share your list?
I just went through his Flickr page and any one that I thought looked cool got added to the list. After I was done I added it up and it was $780

Orenji monti $50
Ultimates rainbow acro $60
Reef raft the vinh $80
Red metallic table $50
Purple austera $30
Oregon tort $60
Lime in the sky stag $40
Joe knows reefs rainbow acro $80
Battle corals hyperberry $100
Blue turaki $60
Blue green loisettae thin stag $30
Aussie deepwater red & white $80
AquaSD BaddaBing $60

They'd be dumb not to.

With those square readers anyways, it makes transactions a breeze. Ask anyone who had to pay for those older credit card swipe machines.

It was incredibly crowded and hot. Hopefully they will adjust for the August show. My impression was that if you weren't picking up SPS and super high end Mushrooms it was pretty normal stuff we can find at any LFS most of the time. There were a few nice Euphyliia's and probably some Zoa's I missed, but the rest was higher end stuff. However, the tables with crowds 4 and 5 deep were the ones (and there about 4 of these) were the dealers with large racks of fifteen and twenty dollar frags all buy two get one free, etc.

I personally was very happy with my purchases, but I was specifically looking for some particular SPS's . My favorite was a bright yellow (brightest yellow coral I've seen) WWC Slimeball Anacropora.

I stopped by the BAR table and asked when I was needed and David said he was staying all day and there wasn't any need for anyone else.

Got myself a sweet maxima. And for a pretty good price.
f43f50882aa560672ffe7d2cc82115ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave David a break around 2pm, then he asked for his sweater back and leather dohicky and was like "You're in charge now" :D So I helped run the raffle, unbeknown to me! I did help a couple new members etc. Hope the vendors did ok, as this was a neat event, probably not a super ultra high end coral type show though as I would think most vendors would not want to risk bringing the super goods. I dunno, people have different expectations, I did feel that there was a pretty decent range of stuff, some good some not so good (one tank I saw a really cloudy tank of anemones that looked very bleached out), it's all about predicting what the public wants and trying to make it happen.

I ended up bringing home a couple handful of cheapy $10 corals (with buy 6 get 3 free) from yourreef, they look pretty nice, we'll see how they do under the halides, like most corals they fluoresce more green with blue light so we'll see the direction they go. Either way, wife just reminded me that her friend's kid has a birthday party on March 11th and there's a thing at Babies'r'us or something, so I'm going to miss the frag swap so got my frag on today and can totally justify the purchase now :)

Got myself a sweet maxima. And for a pretty good price.
f43f50882aa560672ffe7d2cc82115ba.jpg

I think I saw you buy that clam while standing right next to me! You buy it around noon? Too bad I don't know what username goes to what face! ;)

I also wasn't feeling this show. I stopped by the ATM on my way there. Had a pocket full of money. Unfortunately, I left with nothing.
Dropped $20 worth of raffle tickets, but don't know if i won anything yet, because i left before the drawing.

I also wasn't feeling this show. I stopped by the ATM on my way there. Had a pocket full of money. Unfortunately, I left with nothing.
Dropped $20 worth of raffle tickets, but don't know if i won anything yet, because i left before the drawing.
You needed to be present to win.

Pretty cool event. Big thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors.

We came around 11:45, and It was packed. Standing at the entrance line, I was like, ok, stroller is staying outside haha. But I too thought there was a good variety of corals and pricing. Came home with two sticks from new vendors I haven't heard of. Also, won 3 buckets of RPM salt :)

After lots of drooling on the Internet forums of fancy name corals and pictures, it was interesting to finally see "name brand" stuff in person. They definitely had nice stuff, but it was $$$. Their frag racks were still full late in the day. Would have been even more crazy if there was a Jason Fox booth there lol

Overall, it was great to meet some BAR members, and nice to see a lot of families having fun together.

Pretty cool event. Big thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors.

We came around 11:45, and It was packed. Standing at the entrance line, I was like, ok, stroller is staying outside haha. But I too thought there was a good variety of corals and pricing. Came home with two sticks from new vendors I haven't heard of. Also, won 3 buckets of RPM salt :)

After lots of drooling on the Internet forums of fancy name corals and pictures, it was interesting to finally see "name brand" stuff in person. They definitely had nice stuff, but it was $$$. Their frag racks were still full late in the day. Would have been even more crazy if there was a Jason Fox booth there lol

Overall, it was great to meet some BAR members, and nice to see a lot of families having fun together.
Nice job winning the salt. I just started using it and really like it. I couldn't stay late enough to take part in the raffle so I didn't put any money into it.

Back