Coral Farmer's Market Sign-Up Thread (And idea spit-balling.)

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Bruce Spiegelman, Jan 2, 2018.

1. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Peter and I could donate a couple of frags. Perhaps if a lot of people donated a frag or 2, we could give a free frag (or t-shirt) to people that sign up/pay to be supporting members - first come gets best choice.
    Cheers!

2. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman BOD

Here's where things stand:

1) Apon has spoken to Steve at the Coral Market and we have clarity on what we can do. We can sell any hard goods (glue, shirts, anything else that we want.) We can't sell corals. We can raffle 12-15 items off and can use a raffle to drive membership sign-ups.
    2) Jepoy will handle flyers. I'll interface with him on these. Do we have a pic or mock-up of anything we've used in the past?
    3) We have commitments for raffle items from Kimmie's Clowns and frags from Fish Doctor. Working on other stuff now.
    4) Banner is in-progress.

We have five commitments so far for manning the booth. We need 3-5 more if possible.)
    Bruce Spiegelman
    Flagg 37
    Wlachnit
    Ranjib Dey
    Hermit

Ranjib Dey and Coral reefer like this.
  3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman BOD

I'm working on doing this a slightly different way. Thinking two frag packs in a raffle for people that sign up that day. An SPS pack and an LPS pack. If this is what we decide to do 'll start off the SPS pack with some nice Oregon Tort, WWC Slimeball and Bubblegum Digitata frags. I'm sure between the rest of us we can come up with 5-7 other named pieces in order to have a kick-ass pack. We'll do the same with an LPS pack. The key to motivate people to plunk down the cash right then and there and take the time to do it is a valuable "wow" pack to catch their eye.

However, maybe we should combine the two ideas. Have the Kick-ass pack for a raffle and also have one free frag per sign up of "lesser" frags. It will make for a full display and this way every new member gets something for sure.

4. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Man, I should have waited to renew my membership until the cfm so I could get entered in. I like the hybrid idea if there’s enough. I’ve got a whole bunch of Mohawks I could donate.

ashburn2k and Coral reefer like this.
  5. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

Can you make a banner for the BAR page too? Then I can replace the potluck thread at the top of the forum. Thanks!

6. jepoy

jepoy Supporting Member

Absolutely! Other than the who, what, when, and where.. is there is anything else that you want me to put on the flyer? I’ll try to have it done by tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. jorahx4

jorahx4 Supporting Member

Maybe a little description of what to expect at one of these events for the newbies like me who have never been to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Webmaster

This is going to be awesome :) . I can donate a few sps (orange digi, green pocilioroira, no-name tenius, purple stylophora, red capricornis etc) , some softies (grandis, gsp)

9. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I will help man the booth too. I would need to setup and take down the equipment.

10. capescuba

capescuba Guest

Not sure if/how I can help ... I am bringing my wife to the market on the day so can't really help to man the booth, but if there is anything I can bring or help with in another way LMK

11. jepoy

jepoy Supporting Member

SILICON-VALLEY-FARMERS-MARKET.jpg
    Thoughts? Corrections? Additions? Violent reactions?

Ashalye, kinetic, capescuba and 5 others like this.
  12. Chromis

Chromis Supporting Member

One crazy club idea I had was to charter a bus to Reefapalooza in Anaheim this Oct. Does it make sense to have an email sign up sheet for anyone interested in this, whether club members or not, to gauge the interest level? Maybe a column for “prefer day-trip 8am-8pm” or “prefer overnight trip Sat-Sun”? I don’t think we’d get enough folks on board just within the club.

kinetic and jepoy like this.
  13. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Webmaster

I am down. It will be awesome if we can make it family friendly, would love to bring my wife and kid , along :), if feasible of course. There can be logistical issues that I may not be aware of.

14. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Webmaster

Looks perfect

15. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Vice President

Yes, looks great.

16. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

Looks great!! Thanks!

17. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

There's no way you could make it a day trip with 5-6 hours each leg of the trip. Great idea though, I proposed something similar years ago, but via Reef Nutrition.

Ranjib Dey likes this.
  18. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Sure you can. It will be a VERY long day!

Leave at 3 am to get there 8-9, leave at 6 and get home around midnight!

19. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Webmaster

Well then, I guess kids are out of question probably.
    I am still down for the trip. Whats the minimum head count we need?

20. Chromis

Chromis Supporting Member

Oh yea I forgot how long it takes to drive to LA if you drive normal speeds. So it would be an overnight trip and we could attend most of Sat and all of Sun.