Coral Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by mediumrare, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on placing a coral order from Harry's Frags in the next week or two. He does group buys and you can read about the process on his group buys page. I've never bought from him before, nor do I know anyone, but I'm willing to take a chance and coordinate this group buy. He has a dead on arrival refund (http://harrysfrags.com/guarantee.aspx) and seems pretty legit. He's got a great selection of acros and montis.

Take a look on his page and let me know if you want to get in on this, I'm willing to coordinate. The nice thing is everyone pays separately, and All I have to do as the coordinator is pick up the shipment from the FedEx office (so that the box doesn't spend time on the truck) and we all meet somewhere and I can distribute the shipment accordingly. Just as an FYI I am in San Carlos, so we'd have to meet there, most likely on a Saturday Morning (yes he does Sat morning pickup form FedEx Office) to do this.

2. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

If you are interested in anything, send me a PM with your name, email and what you want and ill submit it to Harry. If there are any inventory issues, i'll let you know.

3. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

From that utterly false and misleading statement alone I'd suggest not giving this guy a dime. Divers Den is what sells any frags they make, and anything being fragged is held for months. This is WHY they can give you a 14 day guarantee. I highly dislike negative marketing.

denzil likes this.
  4. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Another fun note:
    Reading the details, it appears the guarantee excludes little issues like the coral being broken into pieces.
    And that is on their whole "two hour" guarantee.
    :(

5. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

FWIW, I've known people that have ordered from Harry and been very happy with the frags that they get. I also don't think that the 2 hour guarantee is all that atypical. If it's alive when it gets to you, then it's more than likely going to live in your tank unless you do something wrong, which isn't the seller's fault. If a frag breaks into two pieces it just means that you have one to trade or sell.

6. i have personally ordered from harrysfrags and have known a couple buddies who have. He is a good vendor, ships timely and calls to confirm you got your package. plus he always throws in freebies. His prices are a bit blown up though.. Can he do anything about that if its a group buy?

7. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

I don't know, from the interest that I've gotten, the volume wouldn't be high enough probably for him to be interested in reducing anything.

8. euod

euod Supporting Member

+1
    Also, they give 30 days guarantee for captive grow corals. The beauty of Liveaquaria is that they give credit or refund. Most places offer only credit.

9. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

Coral order on hold until further notice.

10. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

True story. I prefer local sales... :)

What frags were you specifically interested in? There are quite a few local collectors that have choice pieces...

11. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

i'd love to be put in touch with local collectors who sell choice frags. Ive been looking for some acros to add to my system.