Kessil

Coral help

The problem with an alk of 10 initially is most of the tanks the corals came from run lower levels. I've found going from lower alk to a higher alk is riskier than the other way around.

As you get started, you WILL loose frags. Get used to it.

All of us still loose coral once a while.

I was talking to several members about red dragon being my achilles heel. I've had 5 frags of it by now, 2 were larger mini colonies and I've lost all except this last one from DTW. Buuuuuuuuuuut, came home from the frag and found it rtn'd. [emoji24]

Must have heard me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking to several members about red dragon being my achilles heel. I've had 5 frags of it by now, 2 were larger mini colonies and I've lost all except this last one from DTW. Buuuuuuuuuuut, came home from the frag and found it rtn'd. [emoji24]

Must have heard me.

I can't keep a JF Fox Flame (or Prometheus) alive. I've tried it from different sources and always from healthy colonies in people tanks. I get home and the next thing I know it sends me audio tapes of the "13 Reasons Why" it just killed itself in my tanks.

I would say, a few hours of transport, a few hours of swap, a few hours of transport, who knows what temp, acclimation and dropping into all of 10, and then a water change, bringing alk to 12. I'm not surprised he experienced some RTN. Not saying those all levels are too high. I've had acros RTN after far less.

same

The problem with an alk of 10 initially is most of the tanks the corals came from run lower levels. I've found going from lower alk to a higher alk is riskier than the other way around.

As you get started, you WILL loose frags. Get used to it.

All of us still loose coral once a while.

Must have heard me.

Vincent, your words are like gospel, let me be your disciple

Here's one of my favorites in the area. This is just a side view.
21640821_10155826277089444_57247065467975834_o.jpg

The topping over over a few days is probably the issue. Salinity swing is not good for sps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it's still hard for me to believe that you can kill a mushroom, i've got several mushroom got crushed under rocks and yet they still survived, and grown bigger after I moved rocks around and found them..

it's still hard for me to believe that you can kill a mushroom, i've got several mushroom got crushed under rocks and yet they still survived, and grown bigger after I moved rocks around and found them..

I have several rocks that I can't kill the mushrooms on. I put them on there when I first set the tank up and now that everything else is growing out I'm always looking for more real estate. I've yanked, pulled, and scraped them off two areas, but they always grow back quickly.

Back