Jestersix

Coral help

How did you add your corals to your tank it may have been a lack of proper acclimation that would be my first guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If in fact your NO3 is 1 and po4 is 0 you will have a hard time showing any growth. Corals need NO3 and po4 for nutrition. I personally would get the NO3 up to 5-10, and po4 up to .03 to .08. There is a big misconception that corals need very low NO3 and po4. There are numerous articles on reef2reef that stability, water flow and lighting is much more important.

Dick Flanagan

If in fact your NO3 is 1 and po4 is 0 you will have a hard time showing any growth. Corals need NO3 and po4 for nutrition. I personally would get the NO3 up to 5-10, and po4 up to .03 to .08. There is a big misconception that corals need very low NO3 and po4. There are numerous articles on reef2reef that stability, water flow and lighting is much more important.

Dick Flanagan
Dick is right. Agree with everything Dick said.

I acclimated them by poring a bit of water every 5-10 mins for about 40 minutes to an hour then i dipped them for 10ish minutes each using coral revive @rcaron20

@F6553066 yes i know that it should be exactly 0, but with API test kits you cant really get the exact number down the the decimal

Back