High Tide Aquatics

Coral ID

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377387335.867425.jpg

Siokoy

Hollywood stunner
How old?
I say about a year old, when I got this from a co-worker it was roughly about 3 inches in diameter and has grown over 8" inches now. Too large for the space I gave it started to fold upward. The color is really bright, I gave a frag to a friend about a month ago and under par38 light those deep green color really pop up.

how old?
Is there some type of age-related growth issue?
Mine is like 1.5 years old and it is probably 8" diameter equivalent.
I have been dosing Potassium every 2 weeks or during pay day as my reminder I've been dosing since Feb/March of this year and that could have been aiding the spontaneous growth on my chalices, like my Pokerstar Plating Monti it's roughly about 7.5 inches in diameter and I will need to start trimming that as well before it get's too big. The picture below was taken in 6/20/2013 I have since relocated surrounding corals away from this coral.

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 184
I did not know there was a plating pokerstar. Thought would be cooler than an encrusting pokerstar.

For some reason I thought they were all encrusting. Cool.

Hollywood stunner. Be careful they send out 5" stingers at night. I had one kill two clams.
+1

I had a very angry plate coral that I couldn't figure out what was going on. I got up in the middle of the night a few times, and eventually I found the hollywood stunner going to town on the plate. Moved the plate to my frag tank and it has recovered quickly.

This incident gave me new respect for the holylywood stunner placement.

Back