Coral reefers home 225

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Coral reefer, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer Past President

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Oh I really like the one on the right, something about corals that have that "white" look to them, which isn't skeleton, that just looks awesome. I used to have an acan lord that looked like that at one time.

3. Coral reefer

Found a baby bangaii cardinal hiding out in the patch of anthelia I was siphoning our tonight. Super cool! How do I post video? Do I have to use you tube? What’s the easiest way?

4. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

Wow! That is fantastic!

5. Coral reefer

Did a big service on my own tank tonight. Wife took the girls on a ski trip, so I took care of my tank...
    Test alk, 7.7.
    Up dosing pump by 1 ml to 87 per day.
    110 gal water change
    Gfo in reactor change
    Carbon in media bag change
    Manual removal of asterina stars, (hopefully) the rest of the Xenia, trimmed the anthelia, removed some detritus, and broken bits of mystic monti that I chipped off recently with bone cutters. I pruned the setosa heavily to open up light underneath and prevent touching of other corals.
    It was kinda cool noticing that I could see the setosa through the curtains from across the street while parking the other night, but maybe that’s a cue that it’s time to prune...

6. dochou

dochou Supporting Member

That's awesome. So where's the vid? I'm curious to see it.

7. Coral reefer

I don’t know how to post. BE8A5AA0-F003-45DB-973A-A8AEB143E847.jpeg

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

wow random fish you didn't think you had. Gotta say that's better than finding random fish skeleton that you've been wondering where it went :D

9. JVU

JVU BOD

Good kind of hitch-hiker

10. JVU

JVU BOD

I’ve also been using Aiptasia-X to kill unwanted clove polyps for several months. It seems to work really great right away, with no residual tissue visible at all, but then after a couple weeks they come back again in the same areas. Do you have any advice for this?

11. Coral reefer

I let it sit there for like an hour with pumps off, then try to get corals to encrust over it. If you get the whole thing in an area it doesn’t come back.

12. JVU

JVU BOD

Hmm... I do the same but it always comes back. I have lots of crevices on that rock (my zoa garden) so probably I don’t get it all even though I slather it on.