Our mission

Coral Wish List

Coral Wish List

SPSs: Branching Yellow such as Portites Cylindrica or Cumulatus in particular.

LPSs: Unusual Ultra chalice such as Watermelon Taffy & "Acid Trip" Echinophyllia ($400 per eye-polyp)

Softie: Red- (rare)
and / or Orange Cycloseris Tenuis

I have the branching yellow. Let me swing by the old house and see if I have enough to spare a frag for you :)

GreshamH said:
Let me swing by the old house. :)

Hi Gresham,

Wow. Didn't see that coming so soon. Super! Feels like Christmas in November :santa:. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've read that the these particular corals can be difficult to keep, yet I've had this large green prorities (on front left side in the foreground) for years and it's been easy peezy - though it's not a branching type. I'd be interested in your opinion.

Thank you very much. You're always "Johnny on the spot." :crown:

Happy Reefing,
Joel
R.K.

Clicking on the photo will enlarge it for better viewing. (I'm not certain how Members get their pictures to appear larger on the boards)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3976.JPG

It grows just fine and isn't that demanding. I may be by today to see it, if so I'll let you now. I do know of some up in Oakland as I gave half mine to a friend years ago.

IMO the acid trip chalice isn't really that nice. That picture you posted was taken in all actinic lighting and the saturation was bumped up. Really not worth the 400 dollar price tag.

Reef Keeper said:
I have a good eye for beauty, such as my wife. I waited 8 years for us to marry; now we've been together 19 years. Knowing what you like and being patient brings its own rewards.
cute! you'll get plenty of points for that one ;)

That's quite a crazy looking chalice. Go for it!

iani said:
IMO the acid trip chalice isn't really that nice. ...Really not worth the 400 dollar price tag.

I agree with some of your comments. The author does state the photo was taken under "optimized lighting conditions." and with RAW, folks can super saturate like you pointed out. While I could not justify paying $400 per eye, I think this is an unusual piece, and when I can afford it, or preferably, find it with a hobbyist, I'd welcome it with open arms. I have a good eye for beauty, such as my wife. I waited 8 years for us to marry; now we've been together 19 years. Knowing what you like and being patient brings its own rewards.

For inquiring minds - Here's a link to the Reef Builder's Article. http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/02/22/coral-centerfold-deal-echinophyllia/

Interesting article. Discuses morphing which is something I want to explore further and could be controversial (such as cloning and genetic engineering) if not fun to experiment with the idea; and using less expensive pieces none-the-less.

Thank you for following my thread and posting. It's always great when you chime in. I appreciate your comments, knowledge and commitment to the hobby and BARs. :)

Happy Reefing,
Joel
R.K.

Wish List:(Updated 11/03/09)

SPSs: Branching Yellow such as Portites Cylindrica or Cumulatus in particular.

LPSs: Unusual Ultra chalice such as Watermelon Taffy & "Acid Trip" Echinophyllia ($400 per eye-polyp); and Halloween Nerd Chalice (very cool)

Softie: Red- (rare)
and / or Orange Cycloseris Tenuis

More SPS

Oxypora Blue and Pink Chalice

Red Planet
Got one Today 12/12/09 Hooray :bigsmile: Thank you Mike)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/awsome Acid Trip Challice copy_4.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/CA Blue Tort 236898.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Fungia_20_1.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_6838.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Oxypora Blue and Pinl Chalice236741.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Plate_Orange_ps_1.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Porites cylindrica (yellow)_5.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Red Planet241720.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/watermelon33_4.jpg

Back