Our mission

Costa's Red Sea Max build

My first salt tank thought I'd post here because, I’m pretty proud of it. I got into tanks when I got home from the army last year and I got a 5 gallon tank. The itch began I move and got a 90 gallon and red belly’s, they grew and so did my tank to a 180 gallon. I got bored with them and traded them for a goliath African tiger fish. Then he got stressed and died 8 hours into the tank……..yea gay! So the wife wanted her dinning room back and I had to down size. I found this RSM on CL and had to have it chiller, live stock, full running set up. I didn’t like anything so I traded it all in and started new and made up grades. I like colorful stuff not brown or dull fish. So here’s what I have now and what my plans are by the first and into the future so I can trade at the frag swap in February.

LPS

2 frags atomic green zoo’s 8 heads (new today)
Duncan neon green centers
2 frags fire and ice, one has 18 heads other has 15+ unknown cool zoo’s if you see them in the pics tell me
Torch white with neon green tips (new today)
Hammer corals neon green and purple
2 zoo’s of orange skirts
1 blastos with 1 big head and 5 little ones pink out side neon green
2 frags on GSP
1 rose bubble tip anomie
1 recordia Yuma (new today)
6+ candy coral
1 white brain
1 Kenya tree
Bam bam zoo’s
Dragon eyes zoo’s
Watermelon zoo’s
Jalapeño poppers zoo’s
Purple deaths zoo’s
And a lot of unknown zoo’s

Fish

Yellow tang , flame angel, yellow face gobbie with pistol shrimp, clown, 3 crommies, 1 scooter, male and female red mandarins, 2 sexy shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp, sand star fish, and red 6 point star, lots of hermits and snails.

Plans

I will have 90 LEDs on the 1st, and I order my media basket and under water light for fuge, I have a tunze 9002 skimmer. And I m going to add more rock, and step up to more SPS’s and high end corals LATER Yuma’s and plates are next

Thanks and I m putting picks if you like and once every things good talk to me and we can trade at frag swap and I ll keep posting to show updates on my stuff

I LOVE THIS HOBBY

heys some blue LED shots and normal shots.............

ok LEDs didnt come out at all you know you got see them in person to know.

and i forgot
Purple people eaters, mushrooms, and mean greens? you can see my mandarins hanging out and this was a night shot so everything isnt open i ll do more soon

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12630.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12631.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12632.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12633.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12634.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12635.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12636.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/SDC12637.JPG

4th pic you cant even see the mandorians in the back sorry I gotta find a way to make my pics better and I need a better camrea.
i got other goodies to like vortec MP10 wave maker, LED controler, digital temp probe, stunner LED blue, and more coming haha

Welcome Costa,

Nice RSM, I have one myself...it's holding me over until the "big tank" is done. Glad to see you gutted the stock skimmer and went with the tunze 9002 w/Steve T mods. The stock lights are pretty bad also, a led setup (I added 2 Ecoxotic atinic stunner strips to mine) will allow you to keep more variety of coral. Watch out for the gsp and kenya trees, they have a tendacy to grow like weeds. I know you are going to hear it from other guys about keeping a tang and mandarins in a small tank....just a little heads up. It might be a good idea to plumb a sump w/a dedicated refugium to help cultivate pods for the mandarins. Are they tank raised by chance and eating frozen food or pellets ? LMK if you need some zoas or lps since that's the route you seem to be going.

Whats LMK? lol sorry newbie, yea i was planing on doing a fuge in my top rack with small LED or a big on down below. I ll find out this month. They like live brine shrimp and trying frozen ones. and I like my fish once i see them growing I'll cut them loose

and @ QWIV they eat copopods sorry must have mis-spelled that little bugs so to speak

............ Oops.

@ gimmito, I was wondering what you were doing to tide you over while waiting. I'd love to go shoping at the 450g shop HAHA. That a dream tank I would love, but my other hobby goes in the garage.

QWIV - ahahaha sorry thats my fault I read then write. I was like oh yea I bet he knows what they are. I m the dummy, they like live brine shrimp

Mr. ugly - I have a SS camaro which was from my war found. I put a corvette motor into it with a supercharger ran a 11.4 @ 124 mph quarter mile and wasnt happy so now i m work on a bigger block and a HUGE turbo to a 9 second quarter. and instead of 510hp I ll have 900hp

Home motor will be done at a shop I dont have all the right tools for the job plus dont wanna mess up and have the fault on me. I think livermore at Top of the hill.

hey bud if you are ever out in livermore area stop bye......

number is 925 548 one zero nine eight

im building a 426 forged stroker motor right now for my charger...... i feel you on not enough motor

ok so some bad news. one of my nuke green polys has closed for a week now hasnt opened one of my torches has died and disappered, a couple of snails died, fire and ice polys have shrunk,..........I m about to do alot of investagating (misspelled) tonight

My first Torch died because it was being picked at by peppermint shrimp. Have you seen any shrimp on your torch lately?
And don't feel too bad because my huge colony of Green Bay Packers and my 15 polyp colony of Purple Hornets just melted. :(

Back