Our mission

Crabby's "Elite210" tank at the Romberg Tiburon Center

Hi Everyone, It's been many years since I posted...my increasingly busy family and professional life has gotten in the way of my posting to the club. Apologies for being lame.

I am moving overseas for a year or two and I will be taking my big reef tank down at the end of April or early May. Everything will be available (livestock, rock, hardware), some for free and some for sale. I'd like to see all the fish and corals go to good homes. To say that the corals have suffered some neglect is an understatement, but there are some nice pieces still. There is Aiptasia in the live rock, so corals should be fragged to prevent Aiptasia transmission. I've uploaded a recent tank video here:

Ideally I'll take this down in one big day and distribute all livestock then. I don't have the capacity to frag in advance, so the coral fragging will happen at the time that the tank is taken down (or corals can be distributed as larger colonies). I'm happy to give away the corals in a DBTC fashion. Would folks from the club be interested in an "unofficial" event involving the tank takedown?

Thanks,

Jonathon

I'd love to help you take it down and provide a good home to a few of the corals and fish. I love some of the fish. :)

That's a huge clown Tang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The clown tang is big! It's probably about 7-8", though to be honest I haven't measured. I bought it as a tiny starving juvenile, about 0.5" long, at Albany Aquarium, maybe 10 years ago.

You are alive! It has been many years dude. If I can help just let me know what day.....I saw a fungia I gave you long ago alive in your system, mine died so if I can buy that back let me know. I would love the powder blue tang, not sure if it will get along with my yellow but at least that are same size. Unfortunately Patrick Passed away a few years ago after he moved to Oregon. It was sudden from what his roommate told me. Wouldn't mind a frag of frogspawn either, been trying to collect different ones to compare them. Pick a day and I can come help if I can.

@Crabby i know you said you don’t have the capacity to frag the corals ahead of time, I’m not sure if you meant actual tank volume to store the frags or time, but I’ve had a very open schedule lately, I could help you frag for dbtc if you like. Just let me know and we can figure out a time. I feel like it may be slightly stressful to tear down the whole thing in a day, so maybe it would help to take out some bigger colonies before the final day

@Crabby i know you said you don’t have the capacity to frag the corals ahead of time, I’m not sure if you meant actual tank volume to store the frags or time, but I’ve had a very open schedule lately, I could help you frag for dbtc if you like. Just let me know and we can figure out a time. I feel like it may be slightly stressful to tear down the whole thing in a day, so maybe it would help to take out some bigger colonies before the final day
I agree with @Fish Boss on this one

We could take out corals one day and do the fish removal later; I won't try to catch the fish without removing the rock work as I find that to be too stressful, so corals have to be first anyhow. I will see about setting up a frag tank next to the display. Wanting to do the tear down quickly is mainly a factor of my limited time.

And I appreciate your offer of help with fragging!

Best wishes in Switzerland!
Would love to give the Flamebacks a home :)

@gimmito clown tang!
great!
You are alive! It has been many years dude. If I can help just let me know what day.....I saw a fungia I gave you long ago alive in your system, mine died so if I can buy that back let me know. I would love the powder blue tang, not sure if it will get along with my yellow but at least that are same size. Unfortunately Patrick Passed away a few years ago after he moved to Oregon. It was sudden from what his roommate told me. Wouldn't mind a frag of frogspawn either, been trying to collect different ones to compare them. Pick a day and I can come help if I can.

Thanks Arnold. You can take whatever you want, but I don't think I have a fungia. The PB and yellow tang have gotten along well in my tank (no yellow at the moment, but had one in there for many years).

Back