Neptune Aquatics

Crawl space drain

Keep it simple. Drill a hole on the top edge of the threaded plug and stick the hose in. Run the hose under the house and right before the plumbing attach it to the underside of the floor. then leave enough slack so that your tubing makes a "j" bend before entering the main sewage drain- DONE! Actually if the hose runs along the dirt before going up to the drain you have a trap.

One other thought:
Once you begin pumping water through the tube, it will create a siphon. I am not familiar with your pump. But it seems that if you turned off your pump or had a power outage, your tube will still be draining due to the siphon and the refill may not happen if it needs electricity (or fails), leaving your tank empty?

Thanks Mark. It's using a peristaltic pump, so the 1/4 tube is pinched shut when it is not active. Siphon should not be created. Also just in case, I put the old salt water drain tube just under the surface level of the water in my sump, so if it were to go crazy it would only auction some of the water out, and not the entire sump. I might one day put an Apex fmk sensor to monitor low levels in the return pump compartment and turn off power to the Dos pumps.

In regards to the drainage tube, I've already drilled a 1/4 in hole in the pipe and squeezed the line in there. The continuous water change has been dropping about a gallon a day into that tube so far with no ill effects. I'm planning on tapping it with a thread and screwing in a push connect/ male NPT thread into it, since I have the kit (thanks @Julius Chen). Making a p trap with the tube would make sense for a normal situation, but since it's a peri pump, it's not needed I've now found. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back