Crazy Blue Steel Zoanthids!

Discussion in 'Neptune Aquatics' started by robert4025, Apr 7, 2009.

1. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

We'll bring you to the darkside soon, Arnold. Just you wait! hehe

2. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

You guys are all to funny.

I also caved. Its okay we are all addicts.

3. Elite

Elite Guest

I didn't get one because I'm broke :| ..

4. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Sell the new house, Phong...hehe.

5. Elite

Elite Guest

LOL.. yet tell my wife that next time we go to the store Robert.. :bigsmile:

6. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

I had a few types of zoanthids from africa before but for some reason i couldn't keep them alive.

7. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Just curious but how's everyone frags doing? Some folks reported theirs don't look too good and the last colony we have in the shop showing sign of withdrawn as well. Does anyone else have similar issue? Just want to know for my future refference. TIA.

8. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Mine looks poor, but I'm still adjusting my water. Thanks for helping me with my water. I recalibrated my refractometer. The salinity is rising slowly, and I'm letting the alkalinity decrease a little. Thanks again for your help.

9. badbread

badbread Guest

One of my frags has some white fungus looking stuff on it, the other is receding and turning yellow... :( Similar post over at nano-reef about these.

10. tonggao

tonggao Guest

Both my 5 polyp frag and my 40 polyp frag are going down. I did not see any disease. They would do fine for a few days, then start shrinking. Eventually the polyps become very thin (still the same length) and not open anymore before dissapearing. Most polyps are doing this with a few still holding in there for now. I have the frags together with my other zoas, and others do not seem to be affected so far.

11. fishme

fishme Guest

Robert, did you pick those polyp that failed off your workbench :D

12. Rick778

Rick778 Guest

Mine were doing great until 2 days ago , then started shrinking. Everything else in the tank is fine.

13. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Sounds like African blues that I picked up a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]

They wilted away after about two weeks as well.

14. bigdeeezy

bigdeeezy Guest

mine did the same exact thing...in the beginning all was fine and dandy until several days ago...they shrank and never opened again...all my other zoas are doing great. i wonder if they are hard to keep?

15. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

I remember them coming on the market a couple of years ago but all the sudden stopped. I think no one had any success keeping them alive.

16. badbread

badbread Guest

FWIW, Someone on Nano-reef mentioned trying super low light with short durations, and a salt level around 1.028-.029

17. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

My zoas are not doing well too.

18. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Is there any published data on the ocean water parameters around where these african zoas are collected?

19. Elite

Elite Guest

wow interesting... suck to hear that everyone is losing theirs though :(..

20. Roc

Roc Guest

this is the same thing that happened years ago as I posted about in the beginning of this thread, same looking zoas, same deaths. The ppl that kept em alive said they developed a purple coloring and are now known as purple hornets..............