Crazy looking Fungia

Discussion in 'Coral' started by melly mel, Nov 19, 2009.

1. melly mel

melly mel Guest

here ya go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Supporting Member

THANK YOU!

WOW. That is freaking awesome. $)

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

its also under an absolute shitton of blue spectrum light.

4. melly mel

melly mel Guest

+1. Still a nice looking piece but not worth what he's asking.

5. iani

iani Guest

The first one is. I'm pretty sure the last two shots are pretty true to color. These plates are pretty rare but I've actually seen a couple that look like this online. From what I know these plates are coming out of Australia.

6. sfsuphysics

Well what does that even mean "true to color" you can put a coral under actinic lighting and the way it looks is "true to color" :D I'm not saying this isn't a nicely colored piece or that some of the colors are falsified, but blues bring out fluorescent pigments that are typically not seen. Something about the other corals in the last picture that look like they're under a heavy blue light as well can almost see the blue hue through everything, including the cyano all over the bottom.

7. anderson99

anderson99 Guest

Might be or the seller is a smurf.

8. iani

iani Guest

I really don't see the blue in the last picture. The last picture looks like it was taken under ~14,000k light.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

1. Turn on a ton of actinic/blue light and take a picture
    2. white balance
    3. profit

The pic won't look like it is under actinics, but you get a bunch of fluorescing pigments popping out that wouldn't under ordinary lighting.

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I've seen fungiids like this and IME/IMO it looks as pictured. Reason I say this is I've been sent a few hundred insane fungiid pics a little while back and a ton looked like this. The photographer did nothing to the photos and does not run actinics (he's an importer).

11. sfsuphysics

well if he's an importer someone ought to alert the RC police :D

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Meaning the guy (importer) who sent me the photos does not PS his photos.

I have no clue who the guy is selling the $5 one ;)

13. melly mel

melly mel Guest

Here you go. Didn't realize RC had so many changes on there forums besides the homepage.

14. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

$5 one? uhm...can I get one of those to go with the mini white rhino please?

15. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

the k key is sticking on my home computer :(