Jestersix

Current 48"x24"20" project

Cleaned up all my scattered frags from the sand bed and switched my bulbs from reeflux 12k back to radiums. Corals are really starting to take off.

Looking really good. I went back through some of the old pictures and it's grown really well. I'm curious to hear more about your lighting setup and your decision to switch back to radiums. Can you talk about your observations and conclusions?

(My next planned tank upgrade is to a tank very much like yours and I'm still trying to figure out the lights).

My lighting set up is really basic....Just 2x250w radiums in lumenbright pendants powered by adjustable lumatek ballast set on HQI setting. I also supplement with 1 48" all blue reef bright LED strip for dawn/dusk effect. I run a 6 hour photoperiod. LED's are not on a timer yet so it gets plugged in after work and before I go to bed. I have the timer for it just havent had a chance to set it up.

I decided to switch back to radiums just because I like the white/bluish tint it cast as oppose to the 12k reeflux which was more white. Dont get me wrong, the reeflux is a great bulb, I just preffer the bluish tint of the radiums.

Thanks Kris!

Wanted to take some top down shots but dont have a top viewing box so I improvised.. Used a pyrex container and placed my iphone inside! Yes Im ghetto! HAHA, it worked tho! Kind of.

some reg shots.

Enjoy!

I hope you dont mind John (screebo) about me mounting my chalices the way you have in your tank. :)

Thanks Erin!

Thank Monzer! It wouldn't be where it is today without everyone's tank threads, info and input that I learned and continue to learn from. My tank is no where near as awesome as a lot of members here but I'm happy where its at and where its headed.

Back