Custom made BAR Frag Plugs

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by Tumbleweed, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I don't know how long they have been doing it but Boston Aqua Farms sells custom stamped ceramic frag discs. There is an initial setup fee of $20 to create the stamp and then it costs $.04 per plug to stamp them. I thought it would be a good idea to have the club logo/name stamp made and to get say 1000 of these plugs made. That way members could buy them and use them for all of their DBTC frags/coral. That way in the future people can just look on the disc and see that the coral came from the BAR DBTC program.

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I suspect I could get the fees waved. Wouldn't the frag cover the logo though?

3. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

I'm in.... need drag discs anyways

4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Have it on the bottom. It will not show in the tank, but when traded/sold people would see it.

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

May be an issue with the mold release. IIRC the he makes a stamp for the top, not an entire new mold for the plug itself. I'll ask when I call him tomorrow.

6. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I like the idea. Maybe a little 5 pack to give away at events and such.

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Let me see what "bro deal" I can get on this for the club and if we can have the logo on the bottom. I'll report back shortly :D

8. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

From what I hear it is just a disc so there is no real top or bottom.
    I just figured that you needed something else to store and carry around. :bigsmile:

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

He does both discs and plugs and even hex style "discs". Most people in this club tend to use racks so discs would probably be the less desired configuration. They take up a lot of room and can move around. You can get more plugs into the same amount of area as well :)

http://www.bostonaquafarms.com/listItems.asp?idCategory=3

10. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I saw that, but I figured it would have to be the disc in order for it to work, you are right if it were the plug the stamp would be covered by the frag.

11. newhobby

newhobby Guest

Cool idea!! :)

12. SoulFish

SoulFish Guest

nice idea