Cuttlefish

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by Kensington Reefer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Muchos Garcias, Rich! I will definately keep you posted of their arrival (not soon). Oh yeah, Rich, are you farming anymore?
    And Mike, maybe I'll have to put you in charge of cuttlefish feed delivery.

2. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

I really want to keep a cephalopod of some kind, but it would make me so sad to have them die after a year.

3. Kensington Reefer

I guarantee death for all living things, hopefully later, rather than sooner. If you can keep it for a year, then you did it right. None of us in the hobby have been 100% successful in keeping all of our purchases alive for their "normal" life span. We try, and do the best we can. I've been at this for over 30 years. I've floated a lot of bags over the years!

4. GDawson

GDawson Guest

They sound very interesting but watching it go through senescence and having it possibly last for months is something I don't think I could deal with.

-Gregory

5. Thales

Thales Past President

I am doing some farming at home, but not cuttles and I can't really talk about it yet. :D

6. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Corals and anemones are theoretically eternal ;) I agree with what you're saying, it's just that a year or less is such a short time for something so intelligent and interactive, even if you do everything right. I'm with Gregory on this one.

I am, however, intrigued by whatever Rich is breeding. Probably Architeuthis.

7. Kensington Reefer

Rich...you tease

8. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Post photos, cut the small talk.

9. Updated bookmarks! Eventually I'll have a fishroom and the space for cuttles, and with some luck cuttles will be readily available from our own BAR breeders. :D

10. Where are you located?

11. Where are you located?

12. Benaminh

Benaminh Guest

Cuttlefish are so cute. Not as creepy as octopuses and more fun than a nautilus. After it dies you can dry it in the sun before grilling it for a tasty treat >)

13. Kensington Reefer

I've got an octopus that could be yours at the moment.

14. h20player101

h20player101 Guest

Homemade spicy cuttlefish, mmmmmm.

15. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

OOOOOh! Can I come see?

16. Kensington Reefer

Perhaps tomorrow afternoon.
    It is reef safe! It won't eat any of your sessile invertebrates!

17. Benaminh

Benaminh Guest

I've always liked the toxic little bluering, but no octos for me at present. There's a 2" gap on each side of the hood & tank... unless you were offering him up as a snack?