Cali Kid Corals

CYP Cover Your Pump..

So you want an anemone but you have those pesky poer heads just waiting to eat up and spit out your prized new tank occupant.

Well, cover your pump!
I know the Vortech comes w/ those foam covers. Those collect crap and are unacceptable in a reef tank.

So your going to need some materials.
Materiels.jpg

I used a small hole black plastic canvass.
mainingreient.jpg

Wrap it around and trim to size.
trimhere.jpg

Then just finish tieing it on w/ zip ties and reassemble your pump.
installed.jpg

It doesnt trap the floating debris in the tank and keeps kritters out.

Sorry about the iphone pics my SLR wont hold a memory card any more :(

If you do this, of course , your nem wont go floating around.
If you DONT cover your pump, I guarentee the little bugger goes swimming.

Very nice. I play with fire no cover on my MP40 - debated using the foam cover but a bad idea huh?

Could you knock out some of the vortech's native screening material to (re)improve flow through your cover?

houser said:
Very nice. I play with fire no cover on my MP40 - debated using the foam cover but a bad idea huh?

Could you knock out some of the vortech's native screening material to (re)improve flow through your cover?

Good Idea! I've 2 nems that started a death and destruction march last night. This is perfect timing!

-Gregory

I pick up the mesh at Michaels crafts. n(well, my wife does anyway)

You can get it in a biffer mesh size. It has very little effect on flow.

BigMac said:
I pick up the mesh at Michaels crafts. n(well, my wife does anyway)

You can get it in a biffer mesh size. It has very little effect on flow.

On my way to Michaels........got the heads soaking in vinigar in the meantime.

Thanks BigMac!

-Gregory

LOL....Got to Michaels and realized this is the same mesh I've been buying for my great aunt for her needle point!

Note to self: Examine everything as a possible reef accessory.

-Gregory

My nem moved since yesterday!

Only a couple inches and its foot hasnt moved.. he just swayed to one side to take out my fovorite multicolored acro. IT was encrusted on the rock too!
Now I have frags. LOL

Imus, did your mystery acro make it through the light change... I have some available if you lost it ')

Cool beans!

Just wrapped my HOB fuge pump to complete that set! This is sooooooooo much better than foam.

It also got me off my ass to soak my pumps in vinigar. I's been a while. A couple of them had to soak overnight to get through the crusty stuff. But man, what a difference on performance. You forget what the current looks like a it SLOWLY decreases.

Time to hit Ranch 99 for some of that Korean vinigar........

-Gregory

Back