Dan's 70 Gal setup

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by musclebenz, Feb 28, 2019.

1. musclebenz

musclebenz Supporting Member

I am setting up a new 70 Artisan II Professional Reef Tank. I just finished the reef scaping, and added live sand. I am trying to fast cycle it by using some existing live rock, and some salt water from my existing tank.

• Vertex Omega 130 Skimmer
    • Kessil AP700 Light
    • Apex "Wifi" controller system
    • Haven't decided on which ATO to use

Attached Files:

JVU, grizfyrfyter and glee like this.
  2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer Past President

Looks cool. Make sure you can get by the rocks on the left side to clean

3. glee

glee BOD

I like your rock work. Why is there a huge power head on the front right bottom of your tank?

4. musclebenz

Thanks Gavin! It's only there temporarily until I move some my Neptune Apex and power heads over from another tank. That should be done this weekend including getting the sump plumbed and working.

glee likes this.
  5. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

Looks like a great start...This an upgrade or in addition to the tank you have/had?

6. musclebenz

Once I get this stabilized in a few months, I plan on taking all my frag from my 120 gal and put it into this one. So I guess it's a downgrade, but a nicer tank... but who knows I may keep both.

7. musclebenz

Latest update. The tank is finished cycling and the [​IMG][​IMG]Apex is up and running. The tank now has a diamond goby, yellow eye tang, fire shrimp sea urchin and a few frags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

Dang, your sump is going to get GHA everywhere with that light setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

Nice aquascape! I look forward to watching your frags grow out on those rock levels.

10. Coral reefer

Haha. “A few”

11. musclebenz

I am trying to grow Chaeto in my sump and bought these plant Led strips. What's your recommendation, use only 1 strip and how long do you let the lights run for in after hours?

12. Coral reefer

I would use a spot light form factor over just the refugium section rather than strips. If you light the whole sump like that algae is gonna grow EVERYWHERE down there.

13. musclebenz

Okay that make sense... Thanks for the input