Cali Kid Corals

Davenport, CA shoot January 30th. BAR invited!

kinetic

Supporting Member
Hey BAR photographers,
Join me in this shoot we're organizing in/around Davenport, CA:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sfbas/discuss/72157623170260676/

- Art

It'll be more than just the coast I think. One of the organizers grew up in Bonny Doone so he might take us to some really cool places. Not sure yet. Can you make it out?

You hitting the DP landing as well? make sure to grab lunch at the Cash Store. An old HS friend runs it now and that place ROCKS. Better yet, grab breakfast there.

It's like one of the only places to eat there :lol: Poor town, they lost the only major employer there (CeMex - Cement plant).

GreshamH said:
You hitting the DP landing as well? make sure to grab lunch at the Cash Store. An old HS friend runs it now and that place ROCKS. Better yet, grab breakfast there.

+10000 on the breakfast, I used to eat there all the time. It's amazing to sit at a bar, drink beer, eat breakfast, and hit the lane for a surf all before 10:00 a.m.

For the non surfer, you can check out Parrot Beach or The Oven for clothing optional fun, those beaches are not like your typical clothing optional Red White & Blue beaches, it's for the salt of the earth types ;)

Great food suggestions here =)

Can you guys give me some suggestions on locations that might also be cool to take photos at?

Davenport Landing has some cool tide pools, beach and cliffs. Bonny Doon Beach is great. Heck our dump has an incredible view :lol:

In Davenport itself there are some old buildings.

Jeremy the old couple at R/W/B may be looking to sell. Wouldn't that be a good gig :)

GreshamH said:
Jeremy the old couple at R/W/B may be looking to sell. Wouldn't that be a good gig :)

I've surfed down there a couple of times and all I can say is, WOW! Don't look at the beach, it will make you want to carve your eyeballs out. It's an amazing place though, the little north cove is like the oven no matter how hard the wind is blowing it's still nice and calm.

Martin's Beach sold last year, and they closed it to the public except for random times, that is my favorite spot on the planet, just stunning.

Back