Kessil

DBTC Another Tyree Neon Toadstool

Here is a pic of the frag..
toadstool.jpg

it should be semi easy to pop it off the plug..sorta like prying an anemone off the glass. Or you can cut it out with a razor, and toss the cradel to the back of the tank in an unseen area and in a coupel months, you'll have new little toadstools to pass out lol.

Hope mine pulls through. I dipped it in some potassium permanganate since I popped it off the cradle and had it mounted on the rock w/the monti. :/

Gomer is this the same frag you gave me at the swap for the NCNRS Don't break The Chain program? I am wondering as it has yet to extend any polips and basicly looks like a gray rock. I'm wondering if I need to do something with it in regards to light or flow to get it to show up.

[quote author=Dyngoe link=topic=3186.msg52037#msg52037 date=1218565655]
Where do you have yours Roc? Mine is in medium flow with pretty high light. Looks great and grew very quickly.
[/quote]

It's on a frag rack right now about 3/5ths down the side of a 24" tall tank. it gets decent flow and the light is directly above it. i will snap a pic tonight as it basicly just looks like a pebble, with no signs of life.

THey will do that from time to time. The one I gave you is the same as from this thread and the same that Phong is growing (which he said is growing faster than he expected compared to his prior neon).

I've had them in all conditions. They did best in med flow and med/high light. The "rock" case happens and it isn't tank wide. I have a bunch of neons (maybe 6 right now?) and a couple normal toadstools. One may randomly close up like that for a day or so while the others are all fully extended.

Very high indirect flow will help keeping it open most of the time... Mine always open after the light kick in a little while.

I have some under 150w 14k Phoenix my sump right near an 1-1/2" drain. Lots of flow. Polyp extension is crazy. They like it there :D

When I got the original frags long ago, I had one in a high flow and one in a low flow area. It was happy in both and as norm said, crazy polyp extension. double that of his low flow brother.

Hello .. Just wanted to ask if anyone had a nice frag of this ready to go back into
DBTC .. and if I could possibly get it from you at the Oct. meeting??
Thank You!!
Dave

Back