DBTC Appleberry Montipora

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by fishez4alivin, Dec 3, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I noticed the other day it hopped off the frag plug and onto the rockwork, now I'll have to break it off to get the frag plug off, but I can squeeze two small frags out of it since the frag that was given to me wasn't much more than a sliver. Same rules as original poster, experienced with SPS, no trading/selling until you give 2 frags out, pick a number between 1 & 20.

Pick up can be at June meeting, or BAYMAC but I can't promise what time I'll be there.

2. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Oh cool! Love this piece. I'll pick 7 and I'll be helping out at the BAR booth at BAYMAC.

3. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

4. I'll pick 10.

5. bluevoodoo

bluevoodoo Guest

I'll pick 14 and I'll be at the june meeting

6. badbread

badbread Guest

Number 5 please, that piece makes my pants tingle...

7. jeepboy_90

jeepboy_90 Guest

I will go with #4

8. sfsuphysics

Wow 6 people so far. Ok, I'm going to stew on this a bit longer, want to see how the fragging goes before I choose (a) winner(s), I mean it is a small coral as it stands, that's one of those smaller frag plugs :D. I'm thinking a chisel/screwdriver most likely will make frags a bit nicer than say a diamond wheel, plus it'd leave more coral.

9. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Mike,

If you want to come down you can use my saw for a cleaner cut.

10. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Well, if you have any leftover pico crumbs from the fragging, I'm cool with that :D

11. sfsuphysics

as long as there's a polyp??? :D

12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Hehe... that would help :D

13. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Wonder how many rotifers a single polyp would eat in a day...

I'll have to ask Gresh for like 47 rotifers :D

That might be like a week's supply plus a few spares, haha.

Brings target feeding to a whole new level :D

14. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Crowded, but I'm jumping in. #18

15. Bone cutters work the best, no heat transfer, thats what I use on all my encrusting/plating montis now

16. sfsuphysics

Alrighty and the winners are.....

Durwin & Jay!

I made multiple frags, of this, a couple really small borderline nano frags, and few pico frags :D

The nano-frags are going out, they're on small discs too so if anything the incredibly slow growth won't look so slow as it encrusts that much faster! :D

The larger of the two frags is mostly growth that occurred on the side of the frag plug, as a result it's whiter, whomever gets that frag might want to start it off low and gradually bring it up. The coral itself is about as high as it can get in the tank and still be on a rock surface, so it loves light, but not so much color so.. ehh... (although you'll notice there are blue/purple polyps even on the whitened area.

There is one pico frag that I'm saving for Norman, although honestly I don't know if there's any coral there... so I'll hang onto it to make sure it's actually a coral, maybe heals up, before passing that on. You should see my "colony" that I had, it's so gnarly looking now.. but I have faith it'll heal up :D

I'll bring to BAYMAC for Durwin, Jay can pick up there, or whenever he wants to swing by.

17. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Yay! Thanks Mike! Looking forward to meeting you at BAYMAC!

18. badbread

badbread Guest

Sweet!!! I'm going to miss BAYMAC (VIP Box at BFD!!!!!!) but will PM to arrange sometime to get it.

Thanks Mike!!!!!

19. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Thanks for the IC gel frag, or monti frag. Whichever the case may be :D

20. sfsuphysics

Come on there's some coral flesh on there, that's what that green is... however actual polyps... ehhh..

That's why I said I'll sit on it to make sure it actually grows :D