got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Appleberry Montipora

I noticed the other day it hopped off the frag plug and onto the rockwork, now I'll have to break it off to get the frag plug off, but I can squeeze two small frags out of it since the frag that was given to me wasn't much more than a sliver. Same rules as original poster, experienced with SPS, no trading/selling until you give 2 frags out, pick a number between 1 & 20.

Pick up can be at June meeting, or BAYMAC but I can't promise what time I'll be there.

Wow 6 people so far. Ok, I'm going to stew on this a bit longer, want to see how the fragging goes before I choose (a) winner(s), I mean it is a small coral as it stands, that's one of those smaller frag plugs :D. I'm thinking a chisel/screwdriver most likely will make frags a bit nicer than say a diamond wheel, plus it'd leave more coral.

Wonder how many rotifers a single polyp would eat in a day...

I'll have to ask Gresh for like 47 rotifers :D

That might be like a week's supply plus a few spares, haha.

Brings target feeding to a whole new level :D

Alrighty and the winners are.....

Durwin & Jay!

I made multiple frags, of this, a couple really small borderline nano frags, and few pico frags :D

The nano-frags are going out, they're on small discs too so if anything the incredibly slow growth won't look so slow as it encrusts that much faster! :D

The larger of the two frags is mostly growth that occurred on the side of the frag plug, as a result it's whiter, whomever gets that frag might want to start it off low and gradually bring it up. The coral itself is about as high as it can get in the tank and still be on a rock surface, so it loves light, but not so much color so.. ehh... (although you'll notice there are blue/purple polyps even on the whitened area.

There is one pico frag that I'm saving for Norman, although honestly I don't know if there's any coral there... so I'll hang onto it to make sure it's actually a coral, maybe heals up, before passing that on. You should see my "colony" that I had, it's so gnarly looking now.. but I have faith it'll heal up :D

I'll bring to BAYMAC for Durwin, Jay can pick up there, or whenever he wants to swing by.

sfsuphysics said:
There is one pico frag that I'm saving for Norman, although honestly I don't know if there's any coral there...

Thanks for the IC gel frag, or monti frag. Whichever the case may be :D

Come on there's some coral flesh on there, that's what that green is... however actual polyps... ehhh..

That's why I said I'll sit on it to make sure it actually grows :D

Back