Cali Kid Corals

DBTC aussie Blue polyp monti

I got this coral from AG it was in a shipment that came from Aussie. The polyps are blue and base is suppose to be lime green, but browning out in my tank. 2 DBTC frags will be available for BAR members. The following rules applies:
-you are a BAR member,
-you'll need to give 2 DBTC of this coral before selling or trading to others.

purple-polyp-monti.jpg

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3087.msg33357#msg33357 date=1202964121]
I got this coral from AG it was in a shipment that came from Aussie. The polyps are blue and base is suppose to be lime green, but browning out in my tank. 2 DBTC frags will be available for BAR members. The following rules applies:
-you are a BAR member,
-you'll need to give 2 DBTC of this coral before selling or trading to others.

purple-polyp-monti.jpg

[/quote]
Lime green base huh :eek: I like to try one see if it like my tank

I don't want to swoop in front of the big dog, but if he can wait til gen 2 I'll grow out gen 1. My frag tank is going great right now and I'm sure this thing will color up well.

I'd like one now, but I'll gladly wait for 2nd generation.

I like putting pressure on the swooping in types :D

Though if you get pico crumbs during the fragging, I do like a challenge :D

I should have known the Ugly was just waiting around the corner. Nothing is desireable until someone else wants it. ;D

I know you like Montis Norm, take this one and rememebr me for Gen2.

This is how this coral is suppose to look like. I didn't know i have a picture of this monti just after it went in my tank.

I must be color blind. I can't tell if the polyps are purple or blue?
aussie-blue-polyp-monti.jpg

oh sweet! Sign me up at whatever line is available on the request form :p

blue/purple are hard to distinguish sometimes because of how blue shifted our light source is.

The coloration and appearance implies that its probably a Montipora peltiformis, but I haven't seen any come out of Australia.

I'm bring the 3 frags for to meeting this saturday for

- Dyngoe
- Gomer
- Nash

I lose the color of the base though when I moved the colony down to the bottom. Right now it will need TLC to bring the color back.

Thanks :) THe monti in my tank looks to have deep purple polyps on a chocolate brown base. It is under stock sunpod lighting right now. Does this sound right? It looks different from the picture.

Back