Jestersix

DBTC beginners- Hawaiian Strombus snails

Lyn

I have 3 groups of 5 each of Hawaiian Strombus snails to give away. See IPSF site for description.

Conditions: Current member of BAR. Beginner-Intermediate level and have not received something from DBTC within the last 2 months. If you have never received anything through DBTC, you will be first in line. (Honor system applies) Must have stable conditions for invertebrates. Give at least 3 groups of Strombus snails back to DBTC, but more is preferable to continue in the true spirit of DBTC. Must be able to pick up at the next meeting. I think it is October 11th?

Please post your qualifications. I will make decisions by Friday. If you do not fit all qualifications, and would still like some of the above, go ahead and post, I'll put you on the list in case all are not claimed. :D

Hi Lyn, I would love some of these guys! Unfortunately my variety of hermits snails and emerald crabs don't do the job I need done in my tank! I am not sure if I will be able to make the meeting or not but I live in Oakland. Where are you located?

Hello newreefnut,

You got some. :) We just need to figure out how to get them to you. I live in San Ramon. PM me and we'll figure something out if you can't make it to the meeting.

I still have two more sets of snails to give away. Conditions are off except for standard DBTC rules and you must have stable conditions. :D

Timten and patchin,

I'll give them to you at the meeting on Saturday. :) I hope this works for you patchin. If not, PM me and we can figure something out.

Lyn, These guys are definitely breeders! I will have others to pass on very soon!!! I was hoping they would be ready by the meeting but they are still to small.

Great Newreefnut! Arn't they fun? Pretty markings too, very diverse. If you wait a little longer, you'll have a nice sized population in your tank, then you can harvest and put back into the program without significantly impacting their diversity.

Just a thought. :D

3 sets of 6 Hawaiian Strombus maculatus snails available for Feb. Swap pick up. Please be a current BAR member, abide by DBTC rules (even though these are inverts), and have stable tank conditions.

Snails and eggs appear larger than actual size. They grow to be less than 1/2 inch, and have varied adult coloration and markings. They love laying eggs on smooth surfaces which have high water flow. They are small, but eat algae constantly. They like eating supplemental dried/live macro algae (nori) too, if your tank becomes devoid of algae. ;D They won't eat Chaetomorpha, just live in it. :D

IMGP4191-1.jpg
IMGP4194.jpg

Hawaiian Strombus snail eating diatoms Snail laying eggs in clear cases

[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=4711.msg74418#msg74418 date=1231948234]
There is a Strumbus snail dbtc already. I thnk Vince started it long time ago.
[/quote]
Yeah but if Lyn didn't get it from that dbtc, she can and should have her own thread :) ..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4711.msg74421#msg74421 date=1231950705]
[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=4711.msg74418#msg74418 date=1231948234]
There is a Strumbus snail dbtc already. I thnk Vince started it long time ago.
[/quote]
Yeah but if Lyn didn't get it from that dbtc, she can and should have her own thread :) ..
[/quote]

I got the snails from IPSF (3Xs, I liked them so much ;) ) I (or somebody, since I don't know how to do it) can move this to the other thread if it is the official thing to do. :)

1. Fishme
2. Bluetang
3. Phishphood - yes, you can pick up all together. :)
4. Zambavi - I'll reserve some babies for you, I'm sure they'll be fairly grown by the swap date. :)

All snails taken at this time.

Back