Our mission

DBTC - blue and violet w/red strip indo acan

Finally fragged a little piece off my colony and did pretty good! Probably about 3-4 adult heads and and baby or two on the frag. Frag is mounted on a chunk of live rock on a frag plug.

Purchased colony a few months back at Lucky Ocean, think it was a trans-ship, love being fed mysis and cyclopeez, never changed color on me, never lost a head. The more direct the light the less red striping, the more indirect the darker the red stripes.

Rules:
• BAR member, contributed to DBTC
• Must have experience with acans
• Consider giving me priority on further DBTC of this frag should my tank 'ish the bed
• Pick up in the city or at the December meeting
• Put back in at least 2 frags of this to the DBTC before selling or trading
• Provide updates on growth if you so choose (like sending my baby away to college, i want updates!) ;)
• Pick a number between 1-25 w/short essay answering the following question: If you could be any color what would it be and why?

DSC03635.JPG

Picture of the mommy colony, I'll take a frag pic on Friday.

I would love a frag of this, I'll pick 11

I would be blue, reason being that I could blend in or mesh with most other things, however when needed I could adjust my surounding colors and really stand out.

OK, this should be interesting (not my answer, but the whole idea). We actually did this exact question as part of a psychology senior sem class. I'll refrain from cheating here. ;)

Fisrt off, my number is [size=11pt]16[/size]
And my color is green for three reasons:

To quote a great philosopher:
It's not easy being green...
But green's the color of Spring and green can be cool and friendly-like. And, green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.
Reason #1 - I'm conceited and it sounds like green is a very important color.

Right now "green" is the hip thing to be. From movie stars to musicians to politicians and even Exxon, everyone wants to be "green".
Reason #2 - I'm a spineless conformist who follows the trends. Don't believe me? You should see my high school yearbook.

There are so many people out there who have it better than me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a decently happy man, but these morons in pro sports, lucky dot com bastards and excessively paid executives makes me sick. I want that! I want to blow $2500 on a Clarion Angel and not blink! (BTW, there are 300 at AC right now) I want to complain that people around the world know me because I am TOO famous. Seriously!
Reason #3 - I'm a jealous SOB. No sugar coating here. I am the green-eyed monster jealousy.

So, yes, GREEN is me in a trifecta.

I'll pick 18 and go with green as well. My horticulture experience has givin me the nickname of a variety of different greenthumb nicknames. Very similar concepts go into reef keeping!

I'll take 21 and I'd like to be blue, cause I look good in blue. And, heck, what is more comfortable than blue jeans. I love waking up to blue sky outside. And Blue Man Group has fun and they're blue.

I see a trend here...

I love both blue and green. Therefore, I will choose AQUA...

Aqua

The color of a high mountain stream
as the cold morning sun
strikes it's bubbling surface.
Aqua is the sea
surrounding shallow, white sanded,
jewel-like islands.
Precious is the stone, speckled black,
in shades more intense than the sky,
as it litters the earth of the American southwest
in days gone by.
Affixed permanently
in the cool fire of an Australian opal,
or the smooth shell of an Abalone.
From mountain peak to ocean depth...
From whence beauty arises...
Aqua... water... the birthplace of all life.

Oh, and my number is 19 :)

I just want to play the color game lol.

I'd be black...ya, so what if it is technically the absense of color :p This way, I could run around naked at night and not get caught.

Colour is Dark Metallic Candy Apple Red. Dark red just speaks to me, I'm not a huge fan of blue for some reason, though deep hunter green is OK. Still, there is something about red that I love. I dunno, maybe this means I'm a serial killer or something.

V

[quote author=Dyngoe link=topic=5330.msg66792#msg66792 date=1228243242]
Hey Gomer,

so what if it is technically the absence of color

That is debatable. Are we talking light or pigments? ;)
[/quote]

For light, it is the absence of color. For pigments, it is the absence of all reflected color (visible). Not really debatable ;)

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5330.msg66808#msg66808 date=1228252463]
[quote author=Dyngoe link=topic=5330.msg66792#msg66792 date=1228243242]
Hey Gomer,

so what if it is technically the absence of color

That is debatable. Are we talking light or pigments? ;)
[/quote]

For light, it is the absence of color. For pigments, it is the absence of all reflected color (visible). Not really debatable ;)
[/quote]

OK then Mister Smartypants, answer this then;

What is the colour of ... Love?

(Ha ha ha ha!)

V

PS. Now back to watching When Harry Met Sally...

[quote author=Vincerama2]
OK then Mister Smartypants, answer this then;

What is the colour of ... Love?

(Ha ha ha ha!)

V

PS. Now back to watching When Harry Met Sally...
[/quote]

For me it's black..................rofl

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

Timestamp: 2008-12-04 22:47:37 UTC

Congrats Roc! Pickup at the meeting in December or in SF whenever.

Thanks!

This was fun Jay...First poem I've ever written for the heck of it. :D Not even sad about the acan. I'll play again next time!

Back