got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Devil's Armor

No sweat, iCon, San Carlos p/u always possible. I like to meet at Starbucks on Laurel and San Carlos ave. Almost anytime. Or Baymac is fine too. Same deal for bee505. I like this and all variants of the Armor Of The Gods zoas. These are very different and have cool, kinky cilia. Very devilish! Nice color and definitely fast growing. I've still got 12 or so polyps in the mini-mother for grow-out and 3 decent frags to share. Just let me know your p/u of choice. :)

#1 to iCon
#2 to Eastbay Robert
#3 to Bennett

Matthew: By summer I can surely free up more. :glasses:

bee505 said:
Sorry, for some reason, these melted on me. All my other palys and zoas are doing fine.

When I saw your post I also realized mine weren't looking too good. Ended up moving them to an area with lower light and they seem to look a lot better.

You guys are trippin' me out :O ...........mine are currently at the very top of my reef and this is after an additional frag (pictured below) was sawed about a month ago for Matthew (yup, Matthew, it's still yours and coming to the meeting). This is part of an experiment I've been running about light requirements for mushrooms and zoas. Yes, I've melted zoas also but just check the location of this still fast growing mini-colony. I also have original AOG's as well as an intense new hyprid reside at both extremes of the light availability in the tank. Color intensity on those on the substrate seem to be rivaling those on the top. I've also placed Rhodactis mushrooms on the very top of the reef only to see them divide almost immediately and inflate to mega size. The AOG's and Devil's Armor don't seem to care where they reside in my tank. You probably know I have plenty of light :exmark:
PS I'd be happy to provide you two with "off the record" replacements by mid-July. :glasses:
P1000365.jpg

P1000369.jpg

It is awesome that you are doing tests on light requirements. My Ricordea is happy at the bottom of my tank but after I heard about your finding I think I will move it to the top of my tank.

PPSS
I've melted certain corals experimenting. Just so you know. Never place mycedium in high light, my undata almost bleached white in high light and I've killed a couple chalices in the learning process. Before adding the Reef Brite LED strip, my tank had 850 watts when everything is running so it's pretty bright. Please watch your ricordea carefully and best to sneak it up a few inches at a time depending on your total light output. This is assuming you likely are running Mh lighting. I don't think recordea floridas are as light tolerant as a Rhodactis mushrooms and I know Yumas are not.

Back