High Tide Aquatics

DBTC - DUNCAN's

Ok I have 3 mini colonies of Duncan's I would like to add to DBTC thread

1. To be grown out only to be given back to DBTC, this piece will be given out as strictly DBTC pass around / grow out.
2. Whom ever it's given to shall also abide by the same requirement and shall put the same requirements to whom ever it's passed down to for DBTC

Only other caveat is that I'm giving the whole mini colonies. It's up to the individual that recieves the colony to frag and pass along. ( sorry moved and no longer have my house and all my tools are in storage ).

I can either bring with me to work @ Genentech if you pick up in the morning or pick up after work in the afternoon, No night pick up's.

Charles-

hey i was just looking at duncans the other day.

i'm game, but:

what does it take to frag these guys?

ideally i'd let be sure they were OK in the tank for at least a week or two before fragging.
if i don't have the tools then you can count me out.

This looks like it grows similar to the duncan that I have. The heads are pretty dense, so you need to frag it sort of like you would an acan. A coral saw would be easiest, but I think a dremmel would work as well. I've been dreading having to frag my duncan colony because I don't have either of those tools.

Btw, Charles, where did you get this duncan originally? Is it from Atlantis Aquariums?

Online... its more of yellow, pink/lavender with green

I used to just use dremel or chip them off LOL.. they're tough little SOBs.

Alfred you can get the 3rd mini colony if you want. LMK.

Charles-

Oh ok. Its a nice looking duncan. I asked because it looks a lot like one I got from Atlantis Aquariums but mine is lavender and doesn't have any green.

650-IS350 said:
Online... its more of yellow, pink/lavender with green

I used to just use dremel or chip them off LOL.. they're tough little SOBs.

Alfred you can get the 3rd mini colony if you want. LMK.

Charles-

hey i'll take them. i'll frag them again in a week for dbtc if anyone else wants it!

it was from an importer that was brining these in , in mass amounts. THey had the all yellow, lavenders, greens and another color i can't remember.

Coral reefer said:
Let me know if you need help felicia
Thanks! I'm hoping I can leave it be for a bit longer before it encroaches on anything else and I get forced into fragging it. I'll definitely need some help with someone with the right tools when mine has to be fragged. Anyone who helps gets a free frag of course :)

this little mini colony i got from charles is ready for fragging. won't go through the trouble of fragging until someone wants it.

let me know!

Back