Jestersix

DBTC Echinophyllia echinata

finalphaze987

Supporting Member
This would be my first DBTC, so if i did something wrong pls let me know. I'm going to have 3 frags available. The pic is of the mother colony. I acquired the coral as a 2x2 frag and its grown quick. It seems to grow upwards and outwards with a purple rim where the new growth is. I have it about 2'' above the sand bed, lit by 250w 14k MH. The tank is 24'' deep and the lights are 9'' above the water surface. Tank turnover is about x43 per hour and this specific piece recieves alot of flow. Standard DBTC rules apply so:

- You must be a BAR member
- Agree to put 2 frags of this in DBTC before trading or selling
- Have posted or will post items in DBTC
- In the unfortunate event of a tank crash you will replace this with another DBTC
- Can pick up at the next meeting

My parameters are currently:

Ammonia/nitrite -0
Nitrate - undetectable (salifert)
Ca - 440
Alk - 11dKh
pH - 8.1-8.3
Mg- 1300

echino1.jpg

ec3.jpg

I would like to try a hand at propagating this. I am also new to dbtc and have not done any postings yet, but am planning to do some posts in the near future after I regrow out some of my corals after my recent frag swap cuttings.
thanks! 8)

No prob Mr.T...I'm trying to do the same myself. I got a few pieces i think will be big enough to post on here soon.

So far its:

1) Zepplock
2) Mr. T
3)

Steve? Norm? you guys wana try one?

Patrick, I'd like one, but I'd really rather see some other people go first.

If everything continues going well with DBTC, there'll be plenty more for everybody :D

I'd like to see a good number of members joining in on all the fun :D

And I'd like to see more 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th generation frags get distributed.

I could squeeze another frag out of it...After all, if more first gens go out, twice that much will go out as second gens...its been a fast grower for me and i would like to see how it does in other systems

So I got:

1) Zepplock
2) Mr. T
3) Mr. Ugly
4)

No prob Steve..

So its:

1) Zepplock
2) Mr. T
3) Mr. Ugly
4) patchin

Ill be at the next general meeting so i can bring it there, otherwise im located in union city (down the street from ASAP) if you'd like to pick up. It will be fragged within a week..THX

Back