Jestersix

DBTC extra super duper extreme (one to the most qualified)

[quote author=iani link=topic=3059.msg88200#msg88200 date=1236964897]Norm also got a piece or 2 of it. I'm not sure how it did in his tank.
[/quote]

I still have the 2. Encrusted onto the plugs. Doing well in the new frag system. One of the few pieces that I didn't lose with all the problems a while back.

A frag needs to go back to Aquatic Collection at some point.

I'm getting ready to start putting stuff back in DBTC again.

[quote author=iani link=topic=3059.msg33090#msg33090 date=1202932652]
Recently picked up this and it has been id'ed as Madracis pharensis. As this may be a one of a kind piece in the hobby the most qualified person will get the piece. I will be fraging it on sat with Norman.
unknownpolypsextendedsmall.jpg

Post if you want it and I will pick a person. Sell yourself.

PS I will be posting some nice aussie acans later.
[/quote] Who ID'd it at that?
Did they use coralite features for the ID?

It got narrowed down the the madracis sp by wetwebmedia from the coralites. The best match was Madracis pharensis. Here is a shot of the coralites.

unknownskeletonshotcropped.jpg

So it came from the atlantic? FWIW on fave value some one that knows carib stuff much better then me doubts that ID.

What does that someone think it is? Here is a better shot of the skeleton. This is the shot that was actually used in the ID. It was also said that it could be Madracis kirbyi. However the skeleton matches better to Madracis pharensis.
madracisskeleton.jpg

I would prefer that God conversation happen on a religious or spiritual club or message forum. Some people believe, some don't and I think bringing up will only serve to alienate people from each other.

Now Ian, I can talk about all day. :D

Back