got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Extreme - 10k Lakes Leptastrea

Ibn

[move][size=24pt]DBTC: X-treme Edition ![/size][/move]

The small piece that I got was overflowing the plug and was trying to encrust the bottom of the tank so I decided to frag the edge off. Up for grabs is a couple decent size frags of this LPS; each piece is around 3/4" around with around 20 mouths on each.

Here's what the piece it comes from looks like. Basically a flourescent green base with blue/purple mouths.
10k_leptastrea_052808.jpg

Here's a topdown of a piece feeding on mysis.
10k_lakes_leptastrea.jpg

Who do I want to get these frags?

- you are a BAR member
- you have started 10 or more DBTC, or
- you have put back 6 or more(same or different) 2nd/3rd generation DBTC,
- you will or have started DBTC(s) with 2 tiny frags of something from this list:

Dinosaur Egg monti, Blue Matrix acro, Baby's Breath favia, setosa, orenji, etc.

- you are totally comfortable with feeding lps (this sucker loves food)
- you commit to returning two 2nd generation frags to DBTC
- you agree not to sell this coral
- you may trade frags of this coral for comparable uber rares, but any coral you get has to go into DBTC :D :D :D
- you may pick up the frag at the next meeting or arrange for pick up from me in San Jose/Santa Clara
- you must have less than 50% of your posts in DBTC
- in the event that my piece dies, I get bumped up to the top of the list

The mini colony and the frag is currently sitting on the bottom of my tank under 150W Reeflux 12k bulbs. This will not be a first come first serve listing. Pick a number from 1-100.

Nice! Ive never even seen that color combo before? Where you getting all these crazy corals !

I qualify for everything except this line..

- you will or have started DBTC(s) with 2 tiny frags of something from this list:

Dinosaur Egg monti, Blue Matrix acro, Baby's Breath favia, setosa, orenji, etc.

I dont own any of those :'(

Skip that line, Daniel. I need to change that to DBTCX in general. Your rainbow acan already qualified for that requirement anyways.

This piece came from a personal collection of a friend of mine down in SoCal. This is the first time that he's even thought about selling it and I got to him first. :p

Hey Eric,

That is a beautiful coral!

I don't know if I qualify, as I am new to the DBTC-X, but if I do, I'd like to throw in my guess - 72

I think everyone that qualified for the coral has spoken.

Frags #1 and #2 go to....

1) Norman
2) Rich

Number happened to be 12. Norman was the closest and Rich beat out Mike by being one closer. Sucker looks like a quick grower so 2nd gen shouldn't be too far off in the future.

Thanks everyone for participating. Frags will be delivered at the next BOD meeting.

Back