DBTC extreme aussie acans

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by iani, Feb 13, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. Roc

Roc Guest

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3073.msg56979#msg56979 date=1222707823]
    That is an AE.
    [/quote]

Thanks

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3073.msg56969#msg56969 date=1222705662]
    I'll take some photos when I see it next of the filaments starting to come out. Quite distinctive. I bet most all of us have seen it and many didnt know what it wasl.
    [/quote]

I came home and noticed a snail bulldozed a micro to the bottom of the tank off the fragrack, and it landed on an acan echinata. Fortunately, it was rock to acan contact and the micro was on the other safe side. The AE was starting to send out MFs. Here is a pic of one starting to come out. Not the best pic, but I don't feel like taking another
    [​IMG]

PS, it might be worthwhile for a mod to sort through the last 2 pages and create a MF thread out of Ian's acan thread.

3. heres an update on the frag.

i got it on the opening day of the steinhart. been feeding it religiously and now 2 baby polyps are showing up. :) i should have some frags of this available for the next swap.

[​IMG]

4. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Next swap is November. Will it be ready?

5. november? you mean the MARS swap? i might not attend that one. i was shooting for the BAR swap in feb.

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Wooo Sam, what the hell are you feeding it? Baby fish? :D

Glad it's doing ok. I still owe Brian a frag, but tank things have been put on hold temporarily, so I'm shooting for December. maybe Feb frag swap as well.

7. iani

iani Guest

That does look like a baby fish lol. haha

8. mike,

dude this thing is a beast when it comes to eating. i feed it whole PE mysis shrimps once a day. when they're hungry they'll eat the whole mysis. if they're not that hungry, i'll break it in half for them.

9. updated photo of the acan.. it's stopped eating for like 2 weeks now.. is it fasting?

[​IMG]

10. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I've had mine do that too. I assume it's just going through cycles

11. levi thats just weird.. my other orange/red acan used to eat ALOT then it stopped. it hasn't accepted food for 3 weeks now.

12. alright,

i got one frag of this made. it has 2 heads and can be delivered at the swap.

i'm gonna follow ian's Most important rule.
    - you agree to donate at least one future "semi-extreme" frag to DBTC (to be named in your request for a frag)

like bryan said, "You agree to give me priority for a frag back if I lose mine"

13. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

That's beauuutiful.

14. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

I'll give it a try.....# 5 (if doing the # game )

15. serg, its yours if you want. i'm not doing the numbers game. giving priority to anybody that has given to the program

16. iani

iani Guest

Cool Sam. Glad its growing for you.

17. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

Thanks Sam , I'll see at the frag swap.

18. thanks ian. it is growing. not as rapid as i like :)

serg, you got it.

19. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I have 2 frags of this available.
    Each frag has at least 5 heads so you must pass on TWO frags of at least THREE heads :)
    -Tank thread

pickup at next BOD/ General/Livermore

They are lighter purple/gold (higher light) but get more intense color and metallic green highlights in lower light.

[quote author=iani link=topic=3073.msg33223#msg33223 date=1202943980]
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]