Reef nutrition

DBTC extreme aussie acans

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3073.msg56969#msg56969 date=1222705662]
I'll take some photos when I see it next of the filaments starting to come out. Quite distinctive. I bet most all of us have seen it and many didnt know what it wasl.
[/quote]

I came home and noticed a snail bulldozed a micro to the bottom of the tank off the fragrack, and it landed on an acan echinata. Fortunately, it was rock to acan contact and the micro was on the other safe side. The AE was starting to send out MFs. Here is a pic of one starting to come out. Not the best pic, but I don't feel like taking another
837_30_09_08_6_58_07.JPG

PS, it might be worthwhile for a mod to sort through the last 2 pages and create a MF thread out of Ian's acan thread.

heres an update on the frag.

i got it on the opening day of the steinhart. been feeding it religiously and now 2 baby polyps are showing up. :) i should have some frags of this available for the next swap.

auacan.jpg

Wooo Sam, what the hell are you feeding it? Baby fish? :D

Glad it's doing ok. I still owe Brian a frag, but tank things have been put on hold temporarily, so I'm shooting for December. maybe Feb frag swap as well.

mike,

dude this thing is a beast when it comes to eating. i feed it whole PE mysis shrimps once a day. when they're hungry they'll eat the whole mysis. if they're not that hungry, i'll break it in half for them.

alright,

i got one frag of this made. it has 2 heads and can be delivered at the swap.

i'm gonna follow ian's Most important rule.
- you agree to donate at least one future "semi-extreme" frag to DBTC (to be named in your request for a frag)

like bryan said, "You agree to give me priority for a frag back if I lose mine"

I have 2 frags of this available.
Each frag has at least 5 heads so you must pass on TWO frags of at least THREE heads :)
-Tank thread

pickup at next BOD/ General/Livermore

They are lighter purple/gold (higher light) but get more intense color and metallic green highlights in lower light.

[quote author=iani link=topic=3073.msg33223#msg33223 date=1202943980]
yellowpurpleacansmall.jpg

[/quote]

Back