Reef nutrition

DBTC Extreme - GARF purple bonsai

Hey everyone,

Like the pink lemonade, my GARF purple bonsai was also purchased from Ming at Atlantis. I have two tiny frags to put into DBTC Extreme. I've had it under both 250 and 400 watt HQI's and it does well under either. Only the corallites are purple on my colony, rather than the whole body, probably due my tank parameters (low nutrient?), apparently some other reefers with similar params have noticed the same thing with the GARF bonsai's in their tank.

Anyways, here's a pic:
308840229_xCEhr-M.jpg

Rules:

You are be an active BAR member
You have started at least two DBTC or one extreme DBTC
You agree to place at least 2 frags of this coral back into DBTC
You agree not to sell this coral
You may trade frags for other LE/rare corals, but any coral you get goes into DBTC
You have experience with SPS (I will ask for info from the recipients!)

Pick a number from 1 to 50!

I have two small frags available, pickup in SF

Sweet looking one, I think I picked this up from Dudley at NAA, however it doesn't look anything like that :D Hell I can't even see polyps on it *pout*

But if that's what it's going to morph into, whooooboy!

Have actually heard that this one likes lower lights and higher nutrients to keep its purple color. My piece has the same problems looks a lot like my Tyree Tri Color in my tank.

I have this unknown coral that someone said it could be the Garf bonsai.....its under under high light, but I do have high nutrients too.

D2X_2790.jpg

relax everyone, I was joking with Ian (inside joke). I haven't fragged any of my special corals yet. Ian was going to help me with his dremmel one of these days since he volunteered to bring over sometime. I know Brian has been waiting a long time too. I am trying to think of good DBTC requirements....when I am ready...must own clam and must take some of my signularia too....or something like that.

Back