got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Green birdsnest - good beginner sps

I still have this birdsnest and it's taking up too much space on my frag rack. It's a little browned out probably due to lack of light. Standard DBTC rules apply.

orange-greenbirdsnest.jpg

Yeah, if you put it under higher light, it should color up. I just had no where to put it so it ended up in that corner with no low light.

in high light all of my green BS were pale (grown out in high light, not light shocked). Moved them down to about 1/2 light intensity and the color intensity went up a fair bit (darker brown base and brighter green highlights). It may just seem like the green was more, but it might be just a higher contrast. Either way, lower light looked better IME

Oh well...sorry to hear that. I think I have to get some sort of dosing pumps for Ca and Alk since when I forget for a couple days, my KH drops a lot as well.

I was adding a kent product which was recommended to me for feeding SPS and the result was I lost about 2/3rds of my sps frags, sucks when you mess with a good thing, but I got it back under control now.

Back