High Tide Aquatics

DBTC- One frag of Cespitularia/Blue Xenia

Lyn said:
LOL :D

Phong, I think that the people who know about this rare blue Xenia already have it through the club, and those who don't/didn't know about it, don't/didn't know to ask. :D Now they know though, thanks to you ;D

As Phong says, this Xenia is still pricier than the more common types of Xenia. It was considered an X-treme coral not too long ago. It developes a blue hue when grown under high lights, but the polyps stay pink. It is quite beautiful. :D

You don't see it offered too often, not because no one wants it anymore, but because it doesn't grow as wildly as the other types. Still faster growing than SPS' though. ;D
And there's those of us that say if it's an Cespitularia or Efflatounaria by default it is not an Xenia although it is in the Xeniidae family :pThe jury is still out on if it is a Cepsitularia or a Efflatounaria.Personally IMO the above is actually an Efflatounaria and not Cespitularia.Still a very highly sought after coral, jump on this folks :D

zambavi said:
This blue xenia has grown like weeds in my frag tank. I have at least a dozen frags available of it... each is at least a thick 1"x1" stalk with many hands.

May I try a frag (or a few) :bigsmile: since you have a lot? I'll be at the meeting this weekend. :)

Matthew, Tim, Mike, VietNR1... Have one for each of you. I will not be at the meeting tomorrow however. I'm out of town at the momment with family on spring break. I will be returning Sunday'ish. Folks are welcome to PM me and schedule a time to swing by or I'm planning now to make the next BAR meeting. Can also meet at a LFS in San Jose area if that is more convenient. Just PM me to arrange.

More of these still available. They are slow growers for the most part but it went through a real growth spurt a few months back for me and spread out over a 1' by 1' area. Lots of stalks! I kept one for myself that is now in my office nano. All the rest of them I want to go to BAR folks. This is a very nice looking and somewhat rare or rather sought after coral. I'll also try to post a good pick once I get back this weekend.

SPRING BREAK

spring_break_lake_havasu.jpg

So you hitting Lake Havasu?

J/K :X

That would be nice... though I'm seeing too many dudes in that pic. I'm spending my time out-doorsing it actually and spending some quality time relaxing with family in Yosemite. Some pics from our spelunking adventure at Millerton caves just south of the sourthern Yosemite entrance.

4473681137_0c031e52a0_o.jpg

This is one deep hole... that ends with a 16+ deep ice cold under ground stream.

4506255374_1ba903902d_o.jpg

And not an easy cave to climb through...

4505620959_037c1ef394_o.jpg

If it looks like we might die in the attempt... It's time to set a piton... not fun having to drill a 6" deep hole into solid granite with a hammer and bit.

4506255312_277d66ba27_o.jpg

4473680961_3aaf65bcd6_o.jpg

And then of course... this is my favorite part of vacation...

945389732_092692b6f7.jpg

That looks funner then what I posted :)

The ones I found with lotsa women really weren't BAR forum posting material :lol:

Back