DBTC ORA Purple tip staghorn

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by siokoy, Jul 13, 2014.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. siokoy

siokoy Guest

DBTC rules applies
    Tank must be over a year old and in stable condition
    Only one frag available at this time.

Not my pic

Siokoy

Attached Files:

neuro likes this.
  2. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

will pm you with question!!

3. nly04

nly04 Guest

I would like to have it if it still available. lmk. Thx

4. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Beautiful piece!

siokoy likes this.
  5. siokoy

siokoy Guest

For some reason notification stop working for me... Anyway both frags going to Geneva Wong.

Siokoy

6. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Why give both to the same system?
    The DBTC is for backup of corals in case of a loss. But if you put both frags in the same system and there is some sort of failure then all is lost. Unless she has two independent systems.
    Just a thought...

7. siokoy

siokoy Guest

Good point... Will ask and find out.

Siokoy

8. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Siokoy / Junne - you have always been super generous and given me frags in the past and if your sole intention is to have a backup for your corals, then I agree you may want to spread them around a bit and may not want to give me any more frags and I would totally understand....(I also thought DBTC is where someone donates a particular coral fragment with the idea that the fragment recipient(s) will grow it out to give to others who will also do the same to help organically spread coral species throughout the reefing community while lessening the impact of harvesting corals from our oceans - quote from @denzil. That was and is my intent - to grow out your frags and pass them forward or back to you if necessary!! Thank you!!)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Erin, the DBTC (CAN) be used for that, not necessarily something that has to be done. The person who tosses up the coral sets whatever rules they want, and that is how it always has been.

That said as mentioned notifications weren't working, so he probably had no idea someone else wanted a piece.

Geneva likes this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Need to clarify - two different frags - not two of the same (one staghorn and one monti) that was being offered up.

11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

DOH! Good call Geneva, didn't even see the first post where it said only one frag available ;)

Geneva likes this.
  12. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Doh!
    I did not mean to cause confusion or ruffle feathers! :)
    If you have the good fortune of actually growing a coral and it's yours to do with as you please.
    I just noticed that both frags were going the same system.
    No harm, no foul!
    Happy reefing

13. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Siokoy - thanks!

14. siokoy

siokoy Guest

Your welcome

Siokoy

15. siokoy

siokoy Guest

How the corals

16. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Both the monti and staghorn doing well so far! (The monti is a really bright orange pink so looks great and the staghorn is coloring up nicely so far! Thanks again!)