Kessil

DBTC Ponape Birdsnest- My 1 year BAR Anniversary SPS offer #3

Lyn

My husband pointed out that I had my 1 year annversary in BAR on Monday. To commemorate this event, I am offering my first SPSs. :) I never thought I would be growing SPSs a year ago when I joined this club, but due to the generosity of the club members in both knowledge and corals, here we are. :D

I can't claim to have grown this coral since Drdoolittle generously gave me the mini colony. It got a little bleached due to either a new light bulb and/or a temporary low alk drop when I went on vacation, but it is beginning to color up again. It's tips are pink and the polyps are beginning to turn green.

1. Please be a current BAR member.
2. Please follow DBTC rules.
3. Must have a stable cycled tank (min. 8 months) and be good with SPSs/birdsnests. I have found that the Ponape is a little more sensitive than the Pink birdsnest and prefers less intense lighting.
4. Please pick up at May 9th BOD or June meeting.
5. Since May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii, tell me your favorite Lei flower. :)

I have 2 frags available.

Is Ponape birdsnest too common? No takers? Easier SPS I believe, and I love the way it grows...tight and compact in a ball. :)

Lyn

Our conditions are good. Everything is doing well color wise. We have few sps that we added a few weeks ago. Lets see how they do in the next few weeks and make sure that we have techniques on the care of SPS down before we add any more.

Thank you

Mike

Lyn said:
Eight said:
I think it's amusing how hard it is to give away corals in this club. :)

Yeah...you think we are all a little bit spoiled? Haha :D

We're definately spoiled :D

I'm sure that some people elsewhere would be pushing each other out of the way to get at that coral :D

Are there other pretty birdsnests out there? If no one else wants them, I'll grow humongous colonies! Give me more! LOL :D

Sfboarders and Orion we will bring one frag for each of you at Baymac. We should be there most of the day. We will leave it at Bar booth. Currently we keep under T5's fairly high in the tank.

Regards

Back