High Tide Aquatics

DBTC -- Purple tip brown MontiCap

I have two fargs of this baby. It is a fast grower, and just looks amazing. The frags are huge leaves. 6+ inches

Here are the rules:
- A BAR member
- Agree to frag to at least 2 frags to other people for free before trading or selling
- Agree to give me back a frag if something should go wrong with my tank or I lose the colony
-- Pick a number 1-10.

purpletip-monti.jpg

John,

I actually got into SPS with this MontiCap almost 4 years ago with also T5's. It will survive under T5, but it will be a slow grower. Also, the color may not be the same. Currently I have this baby under 400W MH. I frag leaves, not small frags, from it every year.

Let me know if you're still interested.

scuba71 said:
Hey Gus,

I recently had a Monty eating nudi that ate a lot of my Monti Caps. I'll see what I can do.

Monzer, you weren't joking about this thing growing fast. Has good growth rate with my 6x54 T5's. I can give you a good size frag if you like. It's about 2/3 the size of the plate you gave me with about 10 plates growing everywhere. It's pretty big now that it's touching my back glass. It's gonna start shadowing some SPS lower so it's time to frag. :) I can make about 2 -3 frags at at least 2" big for those who are interested. Pick up in SSF or BAR swap next month. Gus you want one?

sfboarders said:
scuba71 said:
Hey Gus,

I recently had a Monty eating nudi that ate a lot of my Monti Caps. I'll see what I can do.

Monzer, you weren't joking about this thing growing fast. Has good growth rate with my 6x54 T5's. I can give you a good size frag if you like. It's about 2/3 the size of the plate you gave me with about 10 plates growing everywhere. It's pretty big now that it's touching my back glass. It's gonna start shadowing some SPS lower so it's time to frag. :) I can make about 2 -3 frags at at least 2" big for those who are interested. Pick up in SSF or BAR swap next month. Gus you want one?

John,

That's awesome. Glad you're having the same success I had. I'll send you a PM for the frag.

Back