got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Rainbow monti

I have a frag of rainbow monti that I accidentally broke off the mother colony a while back. Standard DBTC rules apply. Also, if the winner would be so kind to frag me a piece back in case I somehow lose the mother colony, I would really appreciate it. Pick a number between 1 and 10!

Here's the frag and a pic of the mother colony:

I currently have this at the top of my tank under a 150W 14K Phoenix metal halide. It's 4 inches from the surface of the water and 8 inches away from the light source. I would say the flow is moderate.

sid that's how the rainbow gets it's rainbow, polyps near the center start green and for whatever reason the further out you go they change colors. So being as the frag came from the outside part (unless he made a donut out of his mother colony :D) it'll have the redder/orange polyps.

Mike is exactly right. As the frag gets bigger, you'll see the middle turn green while the leading edges transistion from yellow, orange and finally red.

Looks like we've got nearly 10 contestants...and the winner is...#4. The frag goes to Dyngoe.

I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to make it to the meeting this Saturday (might have to work). If I can make it, I can bring it to the meeting. Otherwise, we'll figure out a way to meet up.

I have a couple of these rainbow montis available again to donate to DBTC. Standard rules apply and you must be willing to give me a frag back if I lose my mother colony. Please pick a number between 1-20.

DBTCRainbowmontis.jpg

Congrats to badbread and Lyn. Don't think I'm going to be able to go to the April meeting because I'm going to be at a wedding. But we can arrange for a pickup. I'm in SF.

Back