Cali Kid Corals

DBTC Rainbow Monti

No sweat, John. Maybe this weekend before or after the meeting or on Sunday since we'll be sawing some of Kyle's donation up on Friday evening.

O-Key Dokey. My DBTC chunk has been sawed into 4 pieces.

Pre-Ordered: Vivi and SFBoarders get #1 and #2

Number 3 and #4 are available and pictured below. They are chunky frags that will quickly begin to encrust the plugs and make you happy! Please plan to p/u or arrange delivery prior to the July 3rd weekend. Thanks!
P1000590.jpg

Yeah, great job everyone and way to start the chain Scott! Might need to ask someone for a frag in the future since I lost my mother colony last year.

sendo said:
Glad this one is still going. Great job screebo.
It is a fine stain!
To be honest, I have a much larger colony of rainbow that was stressed and looking sickly when you acquired your frag. From the beginning, your rainbow out-shined mine by far. It had a greater diversity of color and it's vigor was top notch. It's growth rate also was superb. Since then, my own colony came of age, color and health and is goin' nuts. I guess all my montis are going nuts right now. Jeremy's Mystery monti is spreading out onto my L/R and is building some bizarre structure along the way. I chose to frag the entire piece of rainbow that I got from you since I've got my own mini-mother colony now. I have so little room in the tank, I can't afford to have duplicate coral. MAN!, am I getting snooty! ;)

DurTBear said:
Yeah, great job everyone and way to start the chain Scott! Might need to ask someone for a frag in the future since I lost my mother colony last year.
You may have the last frag of this batch if you want. Plan to be in San Carlos in the next few days?

Thanks for the offer John but I might hold off for a while. Planning a tank upgrade and don't want to add too much to my current tank before I transfer everything. Plus I need all the space in my tank to make a bunch of frags to donate to the swap!

DurTBear said:
Thanks for the offer John but I might hold off for a while. Planning a tank upgrade and don't want to add too much to my current tank before I transfer everything. Plus I need all the space in my tank to make a bunch of frags to donate to the swap!
Ten Four

You're welcome, Jon. Real nice to meet you. Everyone should have a nice frag of rainbow. It's a winner.

One last frag of this batch, anyone want it?

yellojello said:
Hi John, is the last frag still available? Beautiful piece!
Yes it is. PM sent

Edit: Oops, my mistake. Sorry Jimmy, Bluetang2K had been on the waiting list. My guess is that more generations of this monti will be filtering back into the system pretty fast!

My montis seem to tolerate a variety of light levels. Very high light levels require some acclimation before final location. I bleached out an Original Undata by placing it immediately on top the reef. It recovered it's color after moving it down and I've slowly moved it back up with good results. I have different montis placed from directly on the substrate to nearly on the top of the reef, all with good color and polyp extension.

Back