Neptune Aquatics

DBTC RBTA How do you pronounce "anemone" ?

nah.. want to try a little sps now :D ... Hopefully they will grow for me this time.. Plus my little tank has no room for algae now. They just grow way to fast. Hopefully when I have a bigger tank, I will have a display fuge under the main display :D

Thanks on the tip from Crabby.

I had always thought that MH were required for anemones. So between that, and not wanting to sting my corals, I figured I wouldn't be able to keep one.

I'm kinda thinking that the 2x32w dual daylight and 50/50 setup is almost too much light. Seems like 2 50/50 might be ok.

Looks great Norm! I knew you would take good care of it. :D BTW, it is a nice contrast to the turf algaes dark emerald green. :)

Hehe... I couldn't clean the turf algae off that part of the rock. Keeps coming back.

If it tries to spread out of control, I might just cut off that piece of the rock.

I haven't yet, because I like the shape of that rock.

Maybe dip it that side of the rock into some 18M HCl...

A little drastic to use hydrochloric acid don't you think? You must really hate it. I have a little patch in one tank that I keep pruning back (more like pulling out), but it doesn't bother me too much. I actually think it looks like grass. It's better than slimy hair algae and cyano anyday. :)

Must look on the bright side, must look on the bright side... :D

Haha... it looks kind of nice.

And if it just stays on that spot, it would be great.

I just don't want it spreading and covering everything.

:D

Norm, in the 12g tank my RBT migrated between the same daytime spot and nighttime spot for about 6 months. That is, it moved daily up and down on its rock (actual pedal movement observed), but never strayed from those two spots. The color was always great but the anemone did not bubble at the tips (as Norm observed). I ran 2 50/50 bulbs on the tank. It did sting several hairy mushrooms to death.

Sadly, last week while we were out of town the tank crashed. I don't know what happened, but electrical was involved as the lights failed to come on one day and the water turned black (according to our house sitter). I lost the anemone, cleaner shrimp, snail and a number of worms. Anyone looking for a pair of false perc clowns? I could put them in the sump at the RTC tank but otherwise cannot add them to that tank as there is already a pair of Sebae clowns.

RBTA available for pickup at the 1/8/2011 BOD meeting.

This original one split a while back and both have been doing well in the 12g Aquapod. The RBTA's have darkened up quite a bit. They would have grown faster, but for a long time I was feeding the tank minimally to reduce the maintenance efforts.

The lighting on this tank has been modded. I'm running a pair of 32w compact fluorescents/ballasts for the larger 24g Aquapod. 1 dual daylight and 1 50/50. I didn't run 2 50/50's because I was concerned about having enough usable light for the RBTA and corals. The split actually moved down to a bottom corner of the tank away from the light.

Pics from a few minutes ago with lights off.

Mom
rbta1.jpg

Baby
rbta2.jpg

LMK who should get this guy! :D

I am thinking of putting it in my 240 flat in a collander or something to keep it separate from other corals. I have often wanted to put one in my 120. But I don't want to risk it moving around on me...

I'm game as well. It would go in my 30g for now until the 150g is up.

Dang, love that deep red look. Sweet!
Almost exactly what I was looking for.
A good fit with my mostly-softies, emphasizing motion concept.
But no way I could add my name to the wish list now.
Hopefully there will be a new split 6-9 months or so from now when my new tank is stable.

Back