Cali Kid Corals

DBTC RED PLANET

Perhaps is just one of those acros that prefers lower placement such as Ponapei Birds Nest. That darned Tuberider advised me that not ALL acros like the mega light. My Red Planet still had a lot of green but all new growth looks quite red. I "may" relocate it a bit lower than the penthouse perch 'cause I really like the two tone combo in color. Color shifting is such an interesting phenomenon! :glasses:

ORARedPlanetTopDown11-18-092.jpg

I have it closer to the top new growth is almost white and old growth still has a little green it it. Again though, what I have read from others experiences the more light you give it the more red and the less green it will be.

3 frags of this avail for March BOD , after one of many tank blunders these turned brown.....fast foward 4 months and now the base is turning green and nodules are taking on a pink/red color . pick a # 1-10

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Here is my update:

I still have the frag on the frag rack, and have it kind of up high. The color is more a dark pinkish and has a hint of green around the base.

photo%204.JPG

Oohhh, tabling acro. I always wanted one of these. < strike >Too bad I have no room for it. :(< /strike >

Ok I take it back. I have a place where I can put this. Interested in next generation. :)

BTW Monzer if you want more of the green move it down and give it less light. It will grow slower but will also show much more of the grren color.

Had mine high up and with was almost all pink. Moved it down about 4 months or so and ..... viola

aug 09 at the top part of my tank

ORARedPlanetTopDown11-18-09.jpg

Pic with polyps semi-retracted and moved to the bottom 1/3 in May

20100505-DSC_0720.jpg

Wow that is awesome Bryan.

I actually moved lower a couple of days ago. I am not sure it is going to make too much of a difference for, as I have 400W MH. Unless I move it to an area where it gets less intense light. What do you think?

Back