Our mission

DBTC red zoanthids

glee

hello fellow reefers,

keeping in theme for valentine's day, i would like to offer 3 frags of 10+ polyps each of this red zoanthid. this coral has been with me for more than 8 months. the colony recently went through a bout of zoa pox which i carefully dipped in furan2 twice over 2 weeks. the colony has fully recovered ;D.

red.jpg

rules:
1. you must be a BAR member.
2. you will never create a false name for this coral. please stick to red zoanthids.
3. recipients must put back 2 frags of at least 10 polyps back into the dbtc before selling or trading.
4. you must keep this forum updated i.e. polyps flourishing, stagnating, or perishing
5. you must be able to pick up from the BAR frag swap on valentine's day.

i have a large colony of this and can make additional frags if there is interest.

1. elite
2. lyn
3. 70cuda
4. badbread
5. patchin

i guess that is all i'm willing to frag at the moment. see you at the swap!

elite - they look the same as the ones i am fragging.
tonggao - i think they are more red than orange, but i'm colored blind, lol.
iani - i have a colony of those as well (pic below). these are slightly bigger polyps than my dbtc offering. unfortunately, i am not fragging these because it is attached to my rockwork.

fyi, corals are located on the bottom of my tank under de 250mh 12k reeflux with t5 actinics supplementation. pics were altered for size, not for color.

red2.jpg

Not sure what's up with these in my tank, they have been closed up since the swap. Maybe they are going through a phase, not dieing, no zoapox, just closed up. I'll update when something changes.

all of the zoas i brought and distributed were completely open the night before the swap. badbread, please post a pic and keep us posted.

My zoas are fine. They are really pretty! :)

Could the lights be too high in your tank Badbread? I once bought a colony and stuck them under my metal halides. They stayed closed or hidden, and barely opened up, so I moved them to a med. light tank. They are all out, in fact there are more on the rock than I thought I had. :D

I was also told that zoas don't care for carbon. Are you running any?

Hey Garvin - I know this is the DBTC thread but I got a frag from you at the swap and they're doing fine for me as well. I have them on the bottom (16 inches) under 250's MH with moderate flow and they opened up pretty quickly after I added them to the tank. Love the color!

Back