got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Rhodactis sp -- frilly/hairy mushroom

This is my first DBTC offering. This mushroom is a fast grower with the right conditions. The rock below has well over 25 mushrooms. That's not including other rock and frags. I have 5 frags available. The sizes range between 1" to 3". If there is a lot of demand, I am more than happy to frag some more.

Here are the rules:
- A BAR member
- Agree to frag to at least 2 frags to other people for free before trading or selling
- Agree to give me back a frag if something should go wrong with my tank or I lose the colony

photo%20%282%29.jpg

Nice meeting you Rommel. Hope the mushroom is doing well in your tank. Hope you did well at the swap.

Yeah I picked up a few awesome corals. I will post the picks later. I still have not figure out where I am going to put them. :~ Right now, they on the frag rack.

Just an update:

Mine is doing really well. It is starting pedal laceration. I feed it a few small pieces of mysis ever 2 weeks. Within the last week, he has puffed up and is really fluffy. I can't wait until it starts to multiply. When it divides I'll put 1 part in the 14g and leave the other in the 34g. Can you cut these through the mouth and make 2 or is it best to let pedal laceration take place over time?

Glad to hear it's doing well Matthew. Believe it or not, I've never directly fed them. But they sure love phyto, zoeplex, and any additional food that just gets their way.

As far as cutting them up, yes you can. However, I've never had to do it, since they multiply without me doing anything. :bigsmile:

Back