High Tide Aquatics

DBTC Ricordea Yuma

I have a baby Yuma from this mother, the orange one...
072108011.jpg

It's only 1" and on it's own little piece of rubble. Here it is
IMG_4382.jpg

I have had this particular Yuma for 8 months, the mother melted, but left a few of these babies behind, so they are good to go. Have a tank thread....an established reef of at least 6 months, preferably longer, promise to distribute one baby to the DBTC before selling or trading. When it grows up, it should be very nice, I remember paying 150 for momma...Ouch..LOL Pick a number between 1-50, to be picked by my wife on Friday.

Has anyone on here propagated any Yumas by cutting the foot? I have a big Pink Yuma, I'd love to share a piece of, but no mater what I do, pointing a vortech directly on it to get it to move and leave a baby, it won't budge, I think i have a sterile Yuma....If anyone has done one I have one they can cut, and keep the other 1/2.

IMG_4383.jpg

I've done that with the flordia ricordia before, basically cut the guy from one end right to about the mouth, then as it healed up it split into two from there. However can't say if that would work with yumas. I ended up losing all my ricordia, apparently other mushrooms (the kind that propagate on their own WAY too easily) will kill ricordas :D

Perhaps a low risk way might be to slice a piece of the foot. I had a mushroom that I wanted to propagate, but after almost 1.5 years, it didn't put out any babies even though the coral was big and healthy. So I took a blade and sliced through the foot and left it alone. The parent looked totally unaffected, and after a month, I noticed a new baby mushroom. I then got excited and sliced the foot 3 more times. Now I have 4 baby mushrooms. :)

Thanks a bunch! :)

Unfortunately, I forgot that I won't be going to the meeting. I'll need to arrange pick up. I'll PM you.

Sweet bright yuma. I'd definitely recommend pedal laceration considering how many yumas many of us have lost. Maybe if you grow a few babies, you can test out slicing it down the middle.

Yep, Sherri's method works. I've had baby yumas come back from remnants of foot tissue.

If you cut through the foot, you can frag off the piece of rock that it's attached to and glue it to a plug or another rock.

Yeah, thanks Norman. I never thought about just cutting the whole thing off at the same time. That makes sense, and it would save some time too. :)

Back