Jestersix

DBTC--Sea Hare, a hair algae eating machine

Hi all,
I had a pretty bad hair algae problem 3 months ago so I bought a Phosphate Reactor and a Sea Hare from my LFS (about the size of a baseball). Well, lo and behold, my algae is basically completely gone--thanks in particular to my bada$$ Sea Hare. Now that the Sea Hare's job is done in my tank he needs a new tank full of nasty hair algea. I'm giving him away under the DBTC program.

Here are my rules:
1. You must a have serious hair algae problem but your tank must be stable
2. You must promise to pass him to someone else once he eats all of your hair algae--you must use this DBTC program to do that.
3. You may not sell him
4. You must not frag him :)

Person who posts the most beautiful picture of coral, fish, reef, or fish tank gets the Sea Hare. This contest closes in a week (next friday).

Take care,
Patrick

Normally I'd jump all over this, but I'm trying to control my algae by removing the source. Well, I'm cheating and have some GFO in my sump. But I'm actually using the regrowing hair algae as an indicator as to my water condition!

V

don't know if i qualify for hair algae problem, i do have it but its only between some of my rocks

IMG_6521.jpg

also have a decent amount of flow in my tank (will that cause it to float around?)

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=6124.msg77673#msg77673 date=1233378201]
don't know if i qualify for hair algae problem, i do have it but its only between some of my rocks

IMG_6521.jpg

also have a decent amount of flow in my tank (will that cause it to float around?)
[/quote]

I love this tank

Back