High Tide Aquatics

DBTC - SEMI X_TREME ATL Crayola PlanaTable

This is no where as extreme as other DBTC items of today, but since I am accepting a few, I feel I should share a few things. Im still growing all my frags out in my tank, but can squeeze a few things out to DBTC.

I have one small frag of this. My mini colony was purchase 3-4 months ago and was all white at atlantis. I decided to buy it and hope to color it up myself. Its starting to get some very nice pastel colors, but is not near the image shown in the atlantis site.

purpleplana.jpg

The frag I have available was cut from the bottom of the colony though, so still needs time to color up.

I feel higher light will color it up more intensely, so be comfortable with keeping SPS.

Yay.. I actually put something up that people wanted right away heh.

Ok Arnold, its yours. Do you want it mounted? Its currently under medium level lighting, so take it slow with light acclimation on this one.

I lost one during my melev bleaching event but got a small frag back from my buddy, this corals is best mounted below eye level so you can appreciate the top down view, it doesn't need alot of lights to color up so don't blast it with lights

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=3040.msg32755#msg32755 date=1202872385]
I lost one during my melev bleaching event but got a small frag back from my buddy, this corals is best mounted below eye level so you can appreciate the top down view, it doesn't need alot of lights to color up so don't blast it with lights
[/quote]

Good to know. Its only really started coloring up after having it for 3 months, so I hope I can get it to the colors in this picture by keeping it where it is. Mine has started developing the greenish body, with blueish purple tips. The polyps are still white though.

I have another frag off this. About 1/2 inch.

I believe seminolecpa was up next...Let me know if you can pickup at the next BAR meeting.

If you NEED to find a frag home for by this next meeting, I'd be interested. BUT, if you are able to hold out till Brian can arrange something, by all means, let the man populate Frag'nstein :-D

I'll pipe up here too in case I'm after Bryan, I won't be able to make the meeting either... although I won't be adverse to picking it up directly since you do live in the same city :D

Back