Kessil

DBTC statistics - Discussion thread

I finally got around to entering names & items into a spreadspread sheet to start to keep track of what's going to where. So I'll update this as needed to show the success (or lack of it) of the program. Keep in mind corals take time to grow, some WAY more than others so some chains might take a while to get built.

Things I would like from others
--Notify in the thread of the coral if something died, this way I can keep track of where some chains stopped (and it doesn't make the person look like he's just getting a bunch of stuff and not returning)
--Keep everything public about who you gave items to, it makes me keeping track of things a lot easier, my mind reading powers aren't as good as they used to be. Also it helps distinguish between those who got on your list and those who actually got around to recieving said item, currently I'm assuming everyone who was "put on a list" got what was offered.
--If you are offering something that someone else gave you, please note that in the topic (Or somewhere in the message) then we can see how

Current Status
Total number of unique* items offered: 17
Total number of items* given: 25
Total number of people giving items: 8
Total number of chain links* created: 0 (but its a new program so keep your fingers crossed)
Total number of broken links*: 2 :(

Top Three People with Unique offers
#1 Mr. Ugly
#2 Teachermark
#3 dswong01

Top Three People who gave the most items
#1 Mr. Ugly
#2 dswong01
#2 sfsuphysics (tie :)).

*Unique items are classified as items that were not given by another person in the chain, but are not limited to being one-of-a-kind items, ie 2 people gives gold cloves, if neither was gained from here they're considered "unique".
*items are considered the frags/sprigs/etc that were given to others, so a frag of 3 zoanthids counts as 1 item if it's given to just a single person.
*A chain link is when someone offers something that was given to them from via this process
*Broken chains are recorded issues of death that occured with the item
I did not count mentions of frags that were given out before the program started, if anyone wants those numbers included shoot me a PM of what you gave to whom and I'll be more than happy to include it.

Current Status
Total number of unique* items offered: 25 (+8 )
Total number of items* given: 38 (+13)
Total number of people giving items: 10 (+2)
Total number of chain links* created: 3 (+3) (WOOHOO!)
Total number of broken links*: 2 Sad (no change)

Top Three People with Unique offers
#1 Mr. Ugly
#2 Teachermark
#3 dswong01/Vincerama/Seminolecpa (tie)

Top Three People who gave the most items
#1 Mr. Ugly
#2 sfsuphysics
#3 seminolecpa

would be nice to have more folks putting stuff out there..

and cool deal perry.. i'd like to try out some purple haze if you decide to put it up.. ;D

Ok Mike has updated.. christ that took a couple hours!

Ok, here's the deal folks. I need help from you, when you give frags to people, it would be helpful if you updated the thread these frags were given, whether or not is was 1st gen or 3rd gen. Going through all the messages I literally took what I considered a "transaction" as counting as a coral frag given out, now what did I call a "transaction"?? Well if someone literally said "Frags handed out to X, Y, Z" I counted that (btw this is the single most easiest way to do it!), occasionally when someone replied with a "thanks for the frag" or something similar I counted it, and finally I counted it if I saw a "pick up at the meeting" and I know you were at the meeting, I also counted when someone said X frags have been given and then saw who the first people whom the original poster said "ok you get frags'. So I know this probably introduced a bit of error. So, please update your threads by replying to the threads NOT editing them, only reason I say not to edit is because edits don't get flagged as "new" and I don't know anything occured in them.

That all being said, I've changed a couple things,
1) I'm introducing a "hall of shame" not to ridicule anyone but more to the point of saying "ok this is not a freebe fest" get with the offering and spreading. Now what gets you in this? Simply having a ratio of the number of frags you've given to the number of frags you've recieved as being less than 1. Now if you've given more frags than I said you did, maybe it's because it wasn't clear in the thread so simply update the thread and I'll correct those errors.
2) What I'm counting as "frags" in this thing are those which I could figure out that some got passed on, there where a handful where people offered but according to the messages nothing got taken. So I didn't count those (yet the # are higher! so woohoo!)
3) Chains - this program only works with multiple generations, otherwise it turns into a freebee fest, I'm pointing out special attention to those which went multiple generations in the hope that we can get more out there.

Well it's been almost a year since the last update but with all fan fair aside here are the statistics!
Current Statistics as of April 16 2007
Total number of unique* items offered: 40 (+15 from the last update!!)
Total number of frags given: 96 (+58 rock on!)
Total number of people giving items: 17 (+7) These are people offering unique* items too not those who continued
Total number of 2nd gen frags given: 7 (new)
Total number of 3rd gen frags given: 3 (new)

Top three people who put up the most unique* items
#1 Mr. Ugly (6)
#2 dswong1 (5)
#3 Nash (4)
Honorable mention (All with 3)
Dyngoe
SeminolaCPA
sfsuphysics

Top three people who gave the most frags
#1 Mr. Ugly (17)
#2 dswong1 (10)
#3: Nash/sfsuphysics (9 each)
Honorable mentions
SeminoleCPA (7)
Otterpop510 (7)
Elite (6)

Frags that got distributed as 2nd generation
sfsuphysics' - "Phoenix" (Pink) Monti. cap. passed on by Mr. Ugly to two people
Mr. Ugly's - Pavona Cactus passed on by Vincerama2 to one person
Mr. Ugly's - Elkhorn monti passed on by SeminoleCPA to one person
Mr. Ugly's - Indonesian superman monti. passed on by sfsuphysics to two people
Bookfish's - Schmuck's green nepthea passed on by Elite to one person

Honorable mention
Mr. Ugly's - Elkhorn monti went 3rd generation by being passed on by otterpop510 to three people! :D

Hall of Shame Booooor />Ok I'm not going to post names and out you to everyone, needless to say you know who you are! If you've gotten frags, especially if you've gotten multiple ones, and have not offered anything to anyone how about you try doing that? I realize you might be new to corals or what not, but remember this is not a program to help you stock your tank up if you're new or just had a major tank crash, this is about helping to spread diversity by propagating corals, so before you ask for another coral when someone offers it please think about why you are getting it. Things happen, corals die, corals grow slowly, tanks crash, but please don't shout "ME" every time you see something you want.

A special thanks to
Mr. Ugly, Vincerama2, SeminoleCPA, sfsuphysics, Elite and otterpop510 for continuing on the chains by giving corals you got to others, this is what this program is about and you are the ones who have shown you are able to do this.
To those who actually update their threads with something that tells me who just received corals, I'm not a mind reader, and I won't try to be, if you want to get credit for giving corals please update your threads.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=1049.msg18918#msg18918 date=1176770863]
As noted (or not) I only counted corals. Didn't count any sort of anemone, macroalgae or snails (sorry vince)

[/quote]

Ahh.... you suck ;D

Sure... you tell us *after* we fragged our stuff :D

nemosushi.jpg

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1049.msg18958#msg18958 date=1176791280]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=1049.msg18918#msg18918 date=1176770863]
As noted (or not) I only counted corals. Didn't count any sort of anemone, macroalgae or snails (sorry vince)

[/quote]

Ahh.... you suck ;D

[/quote]

ditto ;D :D

Oh..
Jim's Schmuck's green nepthea, I actually gave Cits the whole thing. Since it's the same one that I have. I also offer couple pieces from my colony too :) ..

Just looked at the spreadsheet and noticed that it says that I received a red Milli - Don't think so.

Also, I passed out two frags from Arnold's neon green toadstool to tonggao and Zepplock. Who does the updating or can anyone update the spreadsheet?

Back