High Tide Aquatics

DBTC: Sunkist Bounce Mushroom

Baykes

Supporting Member
I have had the privilege of growing corals from other peoples DBTC so I would like to give back to the club with my first DBTC. First the boring stuff...

My DBTC Rules
  1. I use "DBTC" as a backup in case my coral dies.
    1. This means you give me a frag(when extras are available) if mine dies.
    2. My goal is to have a backup, NOT to pass around free coral to everyone.
    3. When you have frags available, add them to this DBTC so we can get more people to have this coral so we can all have backups.
  2. Must have established tank.
  3. Cannot SELL this coral until you've given away 2 frags of this to someone in this DBTC .
    • This is an honor based system. I (and this club) will remember to not give you any future frags if you break this condition.
  4. Keep me updated if this thing dies or if you get rid of it.
  5. This is a new rule for this DBTC, in order to receive a frag, you must have had participated in the clubs DBTC program by (1) having started a DBTC of your own or (2) have participated in and have given back twice in other DBTC chains.
The Coral
  • Sunkist Bounce
  • View attachment 11892
  • Care: Mushrooms are easy! Currently growing on the sandbed in a 10 gallon nuvo under a Kessil A80.
If you're interested in joining this DBTC and meet the qualifications in rule #5 post here and I'll choose the person. Please include the thread with the DBTC threads that show you meet rule #5. I will be picking the recipient in about a week, so if you currently do not meet the requirements for rule #5 start a DBTC in the next week and you will qualify. Hopefully this will encourage some new DBTCs to start :)

Having lost most of my corals in a heater malfunction about a year ago, I see the importance to have backups of my corals and at the same time share some cool pieces with the club.

Pick up in San Jose.

Mother Mushroom:
IMG_5034.jpg

Frag:
IMG_5032.jpg

I would like one. I have some space invader pectinia frags healing and ready for DBTC. I will start a thread soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
8aee95625fc2f7206e68c2c6b72db81f.jpg

You told me that last year [emoji23][emoji23] those frags must be huge now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting my name down for this... i have 2 strains if reefkoi, and 2 strains of Sunkists. And maybe stil a CB orange.

But always looking to expand the strains.

My 100G all shroom/ bounce tank can be your backup... lol.

If you're interested in joining this DBTC and meet the qualifications in rule #5 post here and I'll choose the person. Please include the thread with the DBTC threads that show you meet rule #5. I will be picking the recipient in about a week, so if you currently do not meet the requirements for rule #5 start a DBTC in the next week and you will qualify.

@nano.
@Newjack

Last edited:
If you're interested in joining this DBTC and meet the qualifications in rule #5 post here and I'll choose the person. Please include the thread with the DBTC threads that show you meet rule #5. I will be picking the recipient in about a week, so if you currently do not meet the requirements for rule #5 start a DBTC in the next week and you will qualify.

@nano.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/merulina.23789/

@nano.
@Newjack

Why is Nelson choosing who gets it?

Why is Nelson choosing who gets it?
Haha no he is just being a good rule enforcer... I guess some people didnt read my rules... @NanoCrazed :rolleyes:.

Anyways, still waiting until the end of the week to choose a winner from those who qualify and are interested. So far it is just @Cheedo and @NanoCrazed who qualify. Some have asked about fragging the mushroom so more people can grow it out. I wouldnt be opposed to that, what do you guys think? Maybe the person who get the frag can frag it themselves so they can fulfill one of their chains? Its definitely big enough I would estimate half dollar size.

Its funny this frag actually grew out for over a year and started off as a little speck of foot when I took the mother off the plug. It just now started to develop bubbles which is why I let it grow out so big in the first place. Couldn't pass on a bounce frag without bubbles lol.

Haha no he is just being a good rule enforcer... I guess some people didnt read my rules... @NanoCrazed :rolleyes:.

Anyways, still waiting until the end of the week to choose a winner from those who qualify and are interested. So far it is just @Cheedo and @NanoCrazed who qualify. Some have asked about fragging the mushroom so more people can grow it out. I wouldnt be opposed to that, what do you guys think? Maybe the person who get the frag can frag it themselves so they can fulfill one of their chains? Its definitely big enough I would estimate half dollar size.

Its funny this frag actually grew out for over a year and started off as a little speck of foot when I took the mother off the plug. It just now started to develop bubbles which is why I let it grow out so big in the first place. Couldn't pass on a bounce frag without bubbles lol.
I would be down with fragging it if I am selected...[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay. The people on the thread that met the requirements in the order they requested a frag were:

1. Cheedo
2. Newjack
3. Nanocrazed
4. NelsonCh

I used a random number generator to choose the winner and the results were:
FD1AAE3E-A43E-45C3-A446-4346E9BED405.jpeg

SOOOO @NelsonCh you are the recipient of the frag! Pm me for details on the pickup. I hope to frag this coral again in the future.

Back