Kessil

DBTC - Sympodium Green w/ blue centers.

I recently picked up a piece of this and would like to see it end up in several tanks. This is a new coral to me and as such care is somewhat unknown, but it is rumored to be adaptable and easy to care for. It is similar to xenia, but with shorter stalks and smaller in general.

I'm looking for people with established softy tanks and a good track record in the hobby. I'll be bringing two frags to the August 14th Frag Trade and currently one is spoked for on a recommendation. I'd like to find a home for the other, so if you feel like you would have a good chance at keeping this feel free to post.

Hmm well I've only got one frag available for 3 people responding at the moment, and you are third, so if you find it somewhere maybe pick up a piece and contribute more DBTC frags. :)

Ok here's what we'll do. You three identify yourselves at the frag meeting and we'll ro-sham-bo for it. Or flip coins. Or no holds barred any weapon allowed brawl. Your pick.

I only have one frag available for three takers so we'll have to narrow it down somehow.

anathema said:
Ok here's what we'll do. You three identify yourselves at the frag meeting and we'll ro-sham-bo for it. Or flip coins. Or no holds barred any weapon allowed brawl. Your pick.

I only have one frag available for three takers so we'll have to narrow it down somehow.

I drop out of the running. Now its 50/50. Who says you can't mix bloodsport and reefing?

Seem to be fine. I mounted them on a piece of rubble and placed in the middle, about 20in from the light.
They opened up, will try to take pics later. Need to make a box for pics.

I have a larger piece available than I traded out. Seems this is hardy and grows pretty fast for me. If anyone wants it you can pick it up in SF in the mission.

-Gusty

contrast is jacked up as per industry standard:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lareefs.com/images/symp2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lareefs.com/index.php%3Fmain_page%3Dproduct_info%26products_id%3D798&usg=__j9F45Y4dnXHKCUCRnJVh6oRA1iE=&h=295&w=399&sz=82&hl=en&start=11&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=4uicBS850H6AqM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsympodium%2Bcoral%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

pretty much what it looks like though. I'm way too lazy to find my camera.

eldiablosrt8 said:
no pics of this coral???
+1 Good call Jess. I was looking for pics too! 0:)
It's an interesting looking coral. Looks a little like pipe organ and kinda like clove polyps. Does it grow pretty quickly?

anathema said:
contrast is jacked up as per industry standard:

I'm way too lazy to find my camera.
Please consider getting used to keeping the camera handy. H) I kinda expect to see actual pictures of actual coral as I consider offering comments, suggestions and congratulations! :) I'm personally looking forward to seeing pics of your coral in your tank....when you get a chance, of course. :glasses: BTW, that goes for recipients of your frags too..... :O I love to see update pics as frags in different tanks grow and color up in different ways.

PS Do consider uploading the pics you take to a photo hosting website and linking them to your posts. It will enhance the sharing experience a lot. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back